AI ships will not move when close to the port or docked

Gierasimov

I wanted to achieve a speed boat patrol the docks and also submarine to leave the pier when triggered.

In my testing, it seems that AI ships will not move at all when placed in or nearby a port.

I tried the speedboat (Caucasus), Kuznetsov (Persian Gulf) and Type 093 submarine (The Channel).

Is this a bug or simply not implemented in DCS?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I wanted to achieve a speed boat patrol the docks and also submarine to leave the pier when triggered.

In my testing, it seems that AI ships will not move at all when placed in or nearby a port.

I tried the speedboat (Caucasus), Kuznetsov (Persian Gulf) and Type 093 submarine (The Channel).

Is this a bug or simply not implemented in DCS?

None implemented. ED has none about docks, or similar functionality. In fact, a ship near the coast always stop. Has similar to intent with a LCVP or LST "dock" on a beach, that stop with approach them.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Thanks SD.

I wish it worked.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team

Moved to wish list.

At the moment larger ships will not move when to close to the shore.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What we really need is better Damage model for Ships and not that silly health bar...
Ship damage models will be coming after ED complete plane damage models, and thah require biuld features as bucks, control damage teams, fire propagation, Armour penetration, flood and more if like a good level of realism.

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks!

Moved to wish list.

At the moment larger ships will not move when to close to the shore.

Thanks

Thank you Bignewy, funny you said larger, I observed the same with a speedboat. Well not a bug it looks like so maybe one day DCS will get there.