DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

I understand the hard work behind it, but I don't understand how to approach customers. For this reason, I have decided that I will no longer purchase modules in early access. I'm sorry.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

Are we going to be waiting days, weeks or months for SC now?

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

• ED Team
Are we going to be waiting days, weeks or months for SC now?

Dear mmoccio,

Per Kate's update, we are now looking at April-May 2020. Once we have a firmer estimate, we look forward to providing it.

Kind regards,

Matt

Originally Posted by R_a_y_t_h_e_o_n

@Kate Perederko

Will Eagle Dynamics be offering a refund on Super Carrier if ED fails to release the module by the new 'April-May 2020' deadline? thanks

Yes

Apologies for the cross post but feel this is one to share here for future reference & hopefully unnecessary info :surrender:

Cheers

Dear mmoccio,

Per Kate's update, we are now looking at April-May 2020. Once we have a firmer estimate, we look forward to providing it.

Kind regards,

Matt

Hey Wags,

Thanks for the response. I hope since you and the team were so close to making the release that we shouldn't have to wait until May.

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

I understand the hard work behind it, but I don't understand how to approach customers. For this reason, I have decided that I will no longer purchase modules in early access. I'm sorry.

I on the other hand will continue to purchase early access modules for 2 simple reasons.

1. Purchasing early access modules helps fund the development of the module.

2. I save money!

DCS World is the best thing going for flight sims and I refuse to give up on it because of missed release dates.

Keep up the good work ED!

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

Dear all,

Thank you for your patience, and no one is more disappointed than us that we were unable to meet our planned release date. Although the Single Player experience is quite solid for the Early Access version, we discovered significant network issues during extensive testing over the past week. In good consciousness, we cannot release it in its current multiplayer state.

Considering the disappointing F-16C state at Early Access release, we will not repeat the same mistakes for Supercarrier.

We are sincerely sorry for this delay, and we thank you for your continued patience as we bring Supercarrier to a state that we can all be proud of.

Kind regards,

Matt

You made the right call dude.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I on the other hand will continue to purchase early access modules for 2 simple reasons.

2. I save money!

DCS World is the best thing going for flight sims and I refuse to give up on it because of missed release dates.

That’s the reason why we all have to put up with them. I’m not throwing shade at you specifically, but that attitude is why this will continue to happen.

Edited by fmedges

2. I save money!

+1. Well said sir.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

That’s the reason why we all have to put up with them. I’m not throwing shade at you specifically, but that attitude is why this will continue to happen.

I think you're both right. You can buy modules to support the development of DCS, and still come on here to hold ED to account if they drop the ball. It doesn't have to be one or the other, you can choose :thumbup:

I think you're both right. You can buy modules to support the development of DCS, and still come on here to hold ED to account if they drop the ball. It doesn't have to be one or the other, you can choose :thumbup:

Nicely Put

Thanks

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

Exactly!

I've spent several hundred dollars on DCS products, including pre-orders, like so many others have. And I give good reviews on other sites about DCS and how much fun it is. By all accounts I am a good customer.

But they still screwed this up.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

2. I save money!

It seems to be a bit false as a statement, it is spoken in this way only because there is no alternative.

Everyone has their own idea and I sincerely hope that ED will be able to solve all the problems that are occurring.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

Yet we didn't, please mind the rules though.
Okay, but seriously!

I don't think the Bavarians get offended when the VAGs and the Stuttgarts release a better car. I totally believe they put their pride in releasing a better one. As a bimmer head, I totally expect them to!

DCS is really the overall best combat SIM out there. Sure you can handle a little comparison to a product that are older than my daughter?

What's the deal here really!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Dear mmoccio,

Kind regards,

Matt

So, what I'm hearing is I have four to six weeks to learn how to fly around the boat at a level that doesn't leave the entire dynamic deck crew face-palming.

If they didn't easter-egg that hand signal in there somewhere I'll be genuinely disappointed.

Exactly

I wrote C++ & Java for many years, but that was back in the '90's and it was a business not gaming environment so no way I can accurately comment on how ED would approach/structure current development. When we had a large project, everyone was assigned a module to complete and we would write and debug them as standalone functions with their own local variables and libraries. At the end, everyone knew their hooks to tie in to the main codebase and we'd move to system test and recheck the whole thing. The goal was to keep the necessary tie in hook in the main codebase to a single point of contact for each module which returned a simple 'success' or 'fail' code. At least, that was the goal anyway...in real life it didn't always work out so efficiently ;)

Chuckle! I can relate!

I think you're both right. You can buy modules to support the development of DCS, and still come on here to hold ED to account if they drop the ball. It doesn't have to be one or the other, you can choose
I'll drink to that!

So, what I'm hearing is I have four to six weeks to learn how to fly around the boat at a level that doesn't leave the entire dynamic deck crew face-palming.

If they didn't easter-egg that hand signal in there somewhere I'll be genuinely disappointed.

I'll have to give it to you. Every post you make me LMAO!!!

Dear mmoccio,

Kind regards,

Matt

Excuse me Matt but as per Kate's response you are going to release SC - hopefully - (more or less = MP/SP ) in this month.

If we will fail to progress with MP for next two weeks, we'll consider release of SP.

sign-pic4.jpg

Originally Posted by Kate Perederko viewpost.gif

If we will fail to progress with MP for next two weeks, we'll consider release of SP.

Now this just pisses me off and I really have to call BS on the excuse given for today's delay.

If you're prepared to do this in 2 weeks, why the hell not just do it now. WTF?

• ED Team
Excuse me Matt but as per Kate's response you are going to release SC - hopefully - (more or less = MP/SP ) in this month.

Dear NRG,

Sorry, but from her post:

[ April-May 2020 ] Supercarrier EA

Kind regards,

Matt

• ED Team
Now this just pisses me off and I really have to call BS on the excuse given for today's delay.

If you're prepared to do this in 2 weeks, why the hell not just do it now. WTF?

Hey Jarhead,

It is because just releasing the SP isn't something we can just do, it would need to be separated out and tested, it would be better to get MP working and keep it all together rather than making extra work to try and get it out faster, I hope that makes sense, thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hey Jarhead,

It is because just releasing the SP isn't something we can just do, it would need to be separated out and tested, it would be better to get MP working and keep it all together rather than making extra work to try and get it out faster, I hope that makes sense, thanks.

Thanks. That makes more sense, but Kate's message comes across as meaning that SP could be released in 2 weeks without too much trouble if acceptable progress on MP has not been made. If that's not the case then I'm with you. I can see why precious resources shouldn't be diverted for something temporary like that.