Updates for 1.2.2

Alex Okean

Thanks Sevas.

I rechecked everything and figured it out.

It has to do with the FM dll I use.

I guess I have to define the joystick/rudder inputs in the dll.

As soon I don't use my dll, it works as in your wunderluft sample.

Could someone let me know how to define the stick inputs in the dll ?

I already had a look with no success.

So I only just got around to implementing the gear command back again, it works nicely however it seems after I takeoff and gear down again ready for landing, when I make contact the gears don't actually contact the ground and the aircraft seems to do a belly landing. Almost like the sim doesn't know the gear is there. Is there a way to tell the sim that the gear are down when they are? Has anyone else had this problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

Dimebag,

Here's how I do, please anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

You first have to define 3 lines tagged "collision_line" in your collision model. These lines have to be named "FRONT_WHEEL", "LEFT_WHEEL" and "RIGHT_WHEEL". Consider the lower points of these 3 lines to be your contact points with the ground, when the gear is extended. The 3 lines have to be animated the same way the animated landing gear (same connectors and args)

Coords (main_gear_pos and nose_gear_pos) in "yourplane".lua set the position of the plane when the game is launched (original start position, external 3D model)

Coords of your contact points in the collision model set the final position of the plane when the game is running (start position when the game allows you - or the EFM - to control the plane, with strut compression, weight effects ....).

1- Check your contact points in 3dsmax (The 3D external model, not the collision one, just to give you a start point) and write them in the yourplane.lua file (nose_gear_pos and main_gear_pos)

2- run DCS and press the pause key twice rapidly. Choose the external view (F2)

Tune the coords in yourplane.lua file until the plane is well placed (still game paused)

You may have to do this step several times to get the right position.

3- do the same with the collision model, tune the contact points (in 3dsmax) to suit the final position with game unpaused, until statisfied. At this step don't change the coords in "yourplane".lua or you'll have to do all the tuning from the start again.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Pat01

what a sec, dont mean to butt in,

are you saying I can Run DCS in a Window on one screen, hit Pause twice, and open the LUA in Notepad++, Adjust a Value (of say the Gear POS), Save, and it will adjust the plane in the engine in realtime? (no need to quit, exit, boot, load mission, F2 View) repeatedly?

I've set Coordinates and Connectors for Tires, Extended and On Gear (so compressed), main gear never seems to compress correctly, Nose Gear Steering is so off it's not even funny, wheel barely turns above 15 knots, and below 15 knots the plane turns crazy tight, i havent seen a SFM Value to adjust that.

For the Gear though, I just Set the MAX Viewport to Side View, Deploy Nose and Main Gears (Args 0, 3, and 5), Put Connectors on the bottom of the wheel, then use args 1, 4, and 6 to depress them to weight on wheels position, and put another connector.

This works for SFM mostly, But Gear Compression is OFF/(as in the gear either goes into the ground, or moves off the ground when compressing/decompressing struts).

Setting collision lines will prolly fix this if I understand correctly.

But for AFM Collision, You have to use the Method Above, plus a few other things. Cpt. Smiley has made progress in that area.

Our main project has shifted to cockpit systems/3d model for the time being, once those are in a stable state we're going back to External Model and FM, so we'll be posting Findings here when we shift back to working with that.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

are you saying I can hit Pause twice, run DCS in a Window, and open the LUA in Notepad++ Adjust a Value (of say the Gear POS), Save, and it will adjust the plane in the engine in realtime? (no need to quit, exit, boot, load mission, F2 View) repeatedly?

I know this works with skins, dont see why it wouldnt work with other things...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

i use the model viewer with skins.

iit works with skins because when you leave the DCS Window and come back it reloads the rendering pipeline, textures and models.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team
i use the model viewer with skins.

iit works with skins because when you leave the DCS Window and come back it reloads the rendering pipeline, textures and models.

All I meant was that I can edit the description file while the game is running if I have made an error with my skin and it will update with game running.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

are you saying I can Run DCS in a Window on one screen, hit Pause twice, and open the LUA in Notepad++, Adjust a Value (of say the Gear POS), Save, and it will adjust the plane in the engine in realtime? (no need to quit, exit, boot, load mission, F2 View) repeatedly?

Just had a try, changing the lua coords needs to reload the mission to see changings (exit and fly again).

Didn't try changing the collision model.

Dimebag,

In 3dsmax, select the line you want to "tag"

then, Right clic -> Object properties -> User defined -> type in the large window User defined properties the following : TYPE = "collision_line";

then OK That's all.

I have found that my gear collide with the ground properly if I'm using an EFM. If I use an SFM, I can't land. I actually want that SFM, for the short term at least. Any thoughts?

Damn, was that also using the collision shells, such as those named "WHEEL_L","WHEEL_R" etc for the wheels? I wonder if anyone at all using the sfm has managed to get ground collision working, as if sfm is now totally broken this will prove to be quite a problem for some devs who only planned on using the sfm for whatever reason.

Edited by Dimebag

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Where does this code go

local value = get_aircraft_draw_argument_value(arg_number)

set_aircraft_draw_argument_value(arg_number,value)

I have an SFM aircraft with a custom HUD. All animations stopped working. I dont know what to do.