3D Modeling issues

• 1 month later...

more rookie questions. Now, the next problem after export are given to modelview, I found two problems happened to itemize:

1) model shafts modelview not agree with those of 3dmax. My model is properly aligned (I think) in 3dmax, WHILE in modelview inexplicably out sideways. This strange lack of alignment, and with my supposed previous models, but had not confirmed so far.

3D model on 3D max:

Pr183-Test.jpg

3D model on Modelview:

ModelViewer2012-09-2518-14-30-58.jpg

2) The model guns, guns are made ​​independent. To synchronize the movement, I have placed the barrel lifting argument, and I have assigned to the second barrel a "linking constraint" to align the movements of the two tubes of the canyon. The problem is given when exporting to Modelview and try this with the animation button, only produced barrel movement assigned to the argument. The other gun does not perform that movement.

Model cannon argument and othrer "contraints" on 3Dmax.

Pr183-cannon1.jpg

Pr183-cannon2.jpg

Cannon animation on Modelview:

ModelViewer2012-09-2811-56-21-95.jpg

Model on DCS:W

dcs2012-09-2815-58-35-95.jpg

I apologize if these questions are stupid, but I hope this demonstrates if someone wants to start in the world of the 3D design.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Linking needs to be done through the regular links, not through constraints. Use the chain icon in the top left. Not sure about the rotation. send me the model

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

in my experience so far, the exporter seems to change axis orientation depending on the environment settings, will have to wait for me to get home to get the name of the exporter setting i had changed.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, I return to my models. I check others models with I started and the problem persist. I confirm that is a missaligment axis orientation, but not sure where I can change them.

Some images on modelview export models

Osa I hull (to the right) :megalol:

ModelViewer2012-10-3114-10-44-57.jpg

Muchka Hull (to the left) :megalol:

ModelViewer2012-10-3114-59-56-37.jpg

I expected fix that madness

Edited by Silver_Dragon

looking at the Axes in your Max Screenshots, and the Axes in the EDM Viewer, the Axes are Maintained correctly, the orientation of them arent.

Z Axis Should be Up/Down, X Should Be Left/Right, Y should be Fore/Aft.

There's an Option in the Exporter, for Orientation , Land, Sea, World (im in office so exact names might be different)....

Changing those changed the orientation of models I've exported. I think I've been using the "World" Setting.

As for Animations, You need to be Using ARG Based Position, ARG Based Rotation, ARG Based Scaling, ARG Based Visibility.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

hierachy link, the Chain Icon top left of the tool bar,

select the Parent, click the chain, go back to parent mesh, when cursor changes to the linkin cursur, hold left mouse button drag to child mesh. or just press H, select the mesh you want linked to the parent and hit link.,

• 2 months later...

Who add "connectors" to a 3D moddel? I can´t add weapons functionality to my 3D models.

Lua code example.

__LN = add_launcher(GT.WS[ws], GT_t.LN_t.automatic_gun_2A42);

--__LN.BR[1].connector_name = 'Cannon_II';

--__LN.fireAnimationArgument = 125;

the "cannon_II" not sure if a "point" helper, argument or something. Can You help me?

Should be a Point Helper in max,

Place it, set it to 1m in Size, and orient it so the X axis points forward, position it in muzzle position,

Animation Argument= Muzzle Flash Animation.

Edited by SkateZilla
X Axis Forward, not Y