F-18 Stennis Launch Bug

undercoverbros22

So more often than not after the newest update, whenever I hook up to the catapult of the Stennis and launch, for some reason the plane bounces erratically up and down, usually blacking out the pilot and sometimes being so violent it breaks the nose gear so it will not retract. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a fix?

Launch bar in "up" position before catshot ? Wind over deck ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

From the Natops :

2.10.1.1 Landing Gear Control Handle. The landing gear is controlled by a two-position, wheel-

shaped handle on the lower left side of the main instrument panel. Two conditions must be met before

the gear can be raised: the aircraft must sense that weight is off all three landing gear and the launch

bar must be retracted. When these conditions are met, the landing gear is raised by moving the handle

up. If the launch bar is extended when the handle is raised, the main gear retracts but the nose gear

remains extended. When the aircraft senses weight on any of the three landing gear, a mechanical stop

in the landing gear control panel extends preventing movement of the handle from DN to UP. Moving

the handle down lowers the gear.

I saw no indication this does not apply to all Legacy models .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

From same NATOPS:

8.2.8 Catapult Launch.

(...)When the “Final Turnup” signal is received from the catapult officer, advance throttles to MIL or

MAX. On aircraft 161353 THRU 161715, the launch bar switch automatically returns to RETRACT

and the green LAUNCH BAR advisory light goes out. On aircraft 161716 AND UP, place the launch

bar switch to RETRACT. Cycle the flight controls, wait 4 seconds then ensure all warning and caution

lights are out. If afterburners are to be used, select them on signal from the catapult officer. Check

engine instruments. When satisfied that the aircraft is ready for launch, hold throttles firmly against

the detent, place the head against the head-rest, and salute the catapult officer with the right hand.

So I think you're right - our Hornet is Lot 20 (aircraft above 161716) so it probably shouldn't be retracted automatically but it does. Is it a bug?

Edited by Poko24

Yes many blackouts at launch / front gear damage (on mission/wind setup that causes no issue previously).

Good to know that launch bar switch has to be put on "raised" after attaching catapult.

On one mission with too many of this happening, I changed my payload and seems to make problem to disappear (I was not overloaded in ME but maybe it's different for a catlaunch).