User skill uncontrolled group visible before start

discwalker

...and take control after the briefing screen.

Currently a "takeoff from ramp" "uncontrolled" "client" A/C after the briefing spawn as pilotless,

now it is useless. (possible AI wingmans also spawn as pilotless)

boarding:optionally jump in to the plane from cycling CTRL+F2 (my A/C outside) view with Ralt + J:pilotfly:

this would be an option to make preloading, and eliminate the new A/C type spawn lag

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Having all the aircraft visible at the start would also make the airfields more lively - no more empty aprons/ramps.

But the problem then is: if you die airborne and respawn, how is this handled? the aircraft would respawn at that point just like before... I would prefer a spawn mechanic that would show a tug etc. bring the respawning aircraft from hangar to the ramp, but that would seriously slow down respawn times.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 1 month later...

I fully support this!! Should be a scenario creator option.

Would make airfields look like more populated and in some cases will offer the possibility of destroying enemy assests in an airfield if then are not maned.

If the AI can use this option I believe it should not be dificult to implement for clients and will add a nice feature for mission creators.

Completely want this. We could have dynamically spawned Client slots as a result, but instead, you can't CTRL-J in multiplayer from tactical commander. You can't use uncontrolled planes either and possess them. In addition, even in SP taking control of an AI plane on the ground makes it explode.

So much more could be done but people don't realise the potential because barely anyone understands the ME capabilities. So these threads end up quiet and you 500 thumbs up for a rivet on a skin :(

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

demo

Take control stationary AIs on ground.

Only the F/A-18C explodes to me from my inventory. (The take control of moving AI is a different thing, only reliable in air with mechanical devices altering mostly.)

If you not own a module you will not see that cockpit in the following track file.

(Recorded in Maykop.)

more_alive_afb-uncontrolled_teaser_with_unfueled_controlled_AIs.trk

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD