DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

That's been the case for years, now, just saying. Not trolling. Besides, it's got nothing to do with Belsimtek/ED.

Nearly the same for the Mi-24P...Thankfully not years but yes more than one year!

Who knows, maybe next Friday for some fresh news ? Hahahaha

Hi again...

I was silent for couple of monts, but now I cant hold my hands :).

I simply dont understand. I think us, Hind lovers, are not only a few. How could be a such a monster problem to face a comunity questions and give us at least some answers? The last info about Hind is from December 2017. Last comunication from BST was 1st June 2018. I know they are part od ED now, but still. In every second post from ED are questions about Hind and we have nothing. If anyone step up and say Yes, we are working on it, we have 3D model and base of cockpits, now it looks like this (picture) but now we are have some problems with this and this and we have to develop this and this and we expecting beta around autumn 2019. I would not say a word. Comunity would be pleased for some information and stay still.

BST comunication to fans was not the best for all the time, but it was at least some. I really hoped, that this will be change a little after they become a part of ED. ED should inform comunity about their upcoming projects.

Phantom fans are in the same situation, but they saw at least a few pictures of F4. We have litterally nothing to look for.

I know that this cry not helping anything and in 30 minutes I will go to make some tea and fire up Hip but...my father is a Hind and Hip pilot and I love to talk about flying and systems Mi-8 in DCS with him. He shares it with me much as he can and I am simply sad and to excited to possibility of Hind in DCS and we have still nothing for years.

Who flyes helicopters in P3D knows, that best helicopter for P3D is Dodosim 206 and know they are working on improved HD version of 206. There are a forum and developer is in touch with fans and give them some feedback from developing. Why we cannot have something similar?

I dont mean this offensive, I really appreiated they work on Mi-8 and F18 (which I am not interested in much) or other modules, but we are here too.

I am sorry for long text but I have to get it out - and you could understand me:smilewink:.

Jiri

+1 Maverick24

I can totally understand you, buddy.

I don't get it with this exaggerated secrecy either. I mean, they have announced working on the Hind, so why disappear so quickly and not say a word any more? Is it for keeping the excitement so high? The excitement doesn't go away with that, in my opinion. RAZBAM is currently working on the MiG-19. Any questions posted are answered immediately. They post WIP images of the MiG-19, detailed answers regarding some specifications of the module to clarify things for the readers, etc. They keep us very well informed. Many posts are for expressing gratitude for posting enough information for all of us to see. I can't imagine where the harm in doing that, so this whole secrecy turns into a tiny frustration.

I hope we get some clarification. I mean, at least on why being so secretive for starters.

Just for the record, when a helicopter is being developed, I always hope it's Belsimtek to do it!

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Well, Belsimtek, historically, has a record about not sharing almost any info during the development process, but holding it until the module is almost ready for release.

I know this is not the most favoured approach for the community but is the way Belsimtek is managing his stuff.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I mean, they have announced working on the Hind, so why disappear so quickly and not say a word any more? S!

This announcement you're referring to was made while Belsimtek was still a stand-alone, 3rd party studio; they have since merged with Eagle Dynamics, and I guess with ED at the helm the prioritization of modules has changed.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Good communications can be a great asset but be careful what you wish or ask for. What I hear ED used to share their plans a lot more but that ended up building unrealistic expectations - the source of much evil around the community. Many game developers keep you in the dark until it's almost release time. ED have tons of things on their hands and maybe for the time being it's best if they concentrate on keeping the projects under control and progressing rather than posting on instagram whenever there are new decals for the pilot's helmet and so... while an actual release is still several months if not years away.

I just read an old Newsletter from March 2013 where they mention the Hind. There was plenty of other stuff too, much of that actually released by now. The hornet was "upcoming" at that time, ie. apparently actively worked on - it can just take an incredible amount of time and effort to get some of these modules up. The reason they released the hornet in an incomplete state was because the users kept asking and pleading (and I guess, the development had taken much longer than they expected). Just guess how painful that is for the "true fans" who are aiming at the "full spec"... there's already some commotion on the forums by people who don't understand what's really going on.

At least we have the great job from Silver_Dragon in the form of an unofficial/tentative roadmap. Although based on incomplete nuggets of information it's still a quite nice (and very comprehensive) list of what's possibly coming and being worked on. There's lots to be (prematurely) excited about and wait on... even for Hind pilots.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Well, Belsimtek, historically, has a record about not sharing almost any info during the development process, but holding it until the module is almost ready for release.

I know this is not the most favoured approach for the community but is the way Belsimtek is managing his stuff.

When they announced the Hind and Phantom they also said they were going to improve on communications. They kept this up right until they merged with ED. Radio silence since that moment.

I'm assuming ED put BST's in-progress modules at the back of the line and pulled all of the BST team on their own modules to finish those first, maybe with a few exceptions. Just assuming here.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

When they announced the Hind and Phantom they also said they were going to improve on communications. They kept this up right until they merged with ED. Radio silence since that moment.

I'm assuming ED put BST's in-progress modules at the back of the line and pulled all of the BST team on their own modules to finish those first, maybe with a few exceptions. Just assuming here.

Well, your assumption is quite right. Right after the merge with ED, work on the Phanton has stopped in favour of the Falcon. They even said that themselves. Work on the Hind however is still undergoing development, which was also confirmed officially. Only this silence around their work is what I disapprove of, and obviously many others do so as well.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

This announcement you're referring to was made while Belsimtek was still a stand-alone, 3rd party studio; they have since merged with Eagle Dynamics, and I guess with ED at the helm the prioritization of modules has changed.

Even before the merge they weren't much communicative.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Maverick, Alpenwolf and other Hind fans,

I was so happy to see your post regarding the non-communication of ED/BST on the status of the Mi-24 Hind module...

Since weeks and even months now, I posted several messages on the forum regarding this topic. Only a few answers from Siver Dragon (once again thx to him)...

I was thinking that I was the only one begging for some news...In fact not some but just a small REAL news... music_whistling.gif

It's now more than a year that we know that the Mi-24 is still on but that's was the only statement. sad.gif

Different modules were released during last months (F-18, YAK-52,...)and a lot of news have been seen on the forum during all the processes...

A lot of people are really frustrated by the mis-communication of ED regarding the expected Mi-24 but that did not generate any reactions from them.

I am waiting the Hind since months now, I didn't buy any other module, expecting the release of the Mi-24. I am preparing a simpit on it (I have already one for the Ka-50). I have my private helicopter pilote licence (Robinson 22) and for me the Hind is the most beautiful and powerfull helicopter of the world.

Since the release of the Ka-50 I am dreaming of the Mi-24 module in DCS!

We don't asking a release as soon as possible but ONLY some informations on the current status of the Hind EVEN if BST is generally giving news just before the release.

Is that really to much to ask ?

With my deep gratitude,

Chris

Razorback, I cant say it better. I think you and I have very similar Hindache :).

I am much older guy since I first fly Black Shark years ago (and yes - we all are :-) ). Today, I have at least some awareness or imagination, what ED have to care about and what they must control. I totally understand. But this case is not simply normal. Let´s say, that I have a company for developing some kind of IT stuff and after I make an offer and sign up papers, I never say a word about developing to my customers. Am I looking at it wrong? Yes, its very lighten, but I think I am not wrong.

The hoppless fact is, that we cannot do anything. I swear to Hind, that I wrote something on fb after release some update. Not offending but simply questions. It´s nothing, I know, but I think we deserve a little more after all theese years. It is not a monts it is years. Even if they would write We now froze this project, because we join BST to us for use their abilities for our own interests - it would be something we can count with. But i dont think they will be that honest or (more probably) will not respond at all. Maybe we should lift some kind of wave of Hindwanting in public :smilewink:

If I would be a troll, hater, or whatever any kind of jerk, I would say - I am your customer, I buying your produtcs, for good sake I am giving you my money and not a little and I am prepare to give you more and the best you can give me for my questions is mockery silence or evasive answers for months and years? Is some kind of politics in it? You dont want to / must not to develop any other "russian stuff" ??? ETC.... I heard some opinions like this :doh:

Yes, maybe I would reach something, but I am not this kind of person. Probably it would be a worse and I would make a fool from myself.

So let´s be sad and in expectation for next couple of months and years till ED lower themselves to finally give us something about Hind...

Maybe we should go on teamspeak, cry and listen to each others and than go to bed - it would take less time :megalol: :megalol:

Has there been any update on F-16 or the Cobra? Could be that the focus has pretty much been on the Hornet and they may even have had to move some resources around. At least in July it sounded like Mi-24 is still at least medium priority.

Apparently ED has been taking a lot of pressure on the Hornet which also is the flagship, but I'd think they are also aware that the fans of upcoming med priority modules have been left hanging. Would make a lot of sense to give updates/teasers on the status of the other modules before the holiday period.

That said I'd be more interested on news on the Afghanistan map... would love to see some Mi-24s in the authentic setting :D TBH I think we're going to get the helicopter first.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Oh no.. I hadn't even really considered that aspect. Was the announcement made after BST was certain of the merge with ED? Worst case scenario, doesn't that leave open the possibility the module could be put on hold indefinitely? The teaser in that video for the F-18 is at least some good news timeframe-wise, right?

Good communications can be a great asset but be careful what you wish or ask for. What I hear ED used to share their plans a lot more but that ended up building unrealistic expectations - the source of much evil around the community[...]

Couldn't that problem AND the "mushroom PR" be avoided if they simply gave an honest assessment of their current progress, with no plans or predictions given? If anything, it would reduce the pressure on them since the community would have their curiosity as to the state of the module sated. Personally speaking, I wouldn't even mind if they said "we have nothing but the model and some textures completed" since it'd be something to go on.

Couldn't that problem AND the "mushroom PR" be avoided if they simply gave an honest assessment of their current progress, with no plans or predictions given? If anything, it would reduce the pressure on them since the community would have their curiosity as to the state of the module sated. Personally speaking, I wouldn't even mind if they said "we have nothing but the model and some textures completed" since it'd be something to go on.

I agree that a main part of the problem is giving chronological references. As late as Dec 2017 I see ED giving or at least strongly implying release schedules in the calendar for 2018. Most of what they list is yet not completed and will probably not be for this year... not a good situation :(

I would prefer more information of course, but for me just a generic dashboard with all modules/items that are expected in like the next 1-2 years could be splendid already. Update at least every 3 months with some generic status info like "on hold", "ongoing", "preparing release" and so... not much details necessary and we can make our own inferences what's the expected timetable.

It's just a plus if they give a bit more details like "We've completed the AFM but most systems are still pretty much a WIP here's a couple of teaser pictures though" and I could handle MUCH more information than that and I know how software projects can bump into unexpected difficulties (for Hornet they mentioned one of the coders leaving, just one possibility out of a vast space of potential project problems). I have severe doubts if the average gamer or guys on reddit can handle it though. Most people around this forum seem fairly understanding though and problems are mostly with vocal minorities I think.

We are many, who suffer in scilence.

But Mr Wagner at least mentioned the Hind in a recent podcast.

He said that it was in development and he mentioned it agian when talking about multicrew.

https://www.fighterpilotpodcast.com/podcast/028-air-combat-simulation-gaming/

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

As I expected: When it is at a state to start sharing more information we most certainly will. -NineLine/Norm

EDIT:

We are eager to share everything we are working on, but we need to balance it as well. We promise when we have something to share, you will see it. I can tell you, work is on going with the Hind though. -NineLine/Norm

Edited by Maverick24

As I expected: When it is at a state to start sharing more information we most certainly will. -NineLine/Norm

EDIT:

We are eager to share everything we are working on, but we need to balance it as well. We promise when we have something to share, you will see it. I can tell you, work is on going with the Hind though. -NineLine/Norm

It's just a desesperate situation...sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Anyway thx for your initiative !

We are eager to share everything we are working on, but we need to balance it as well.

Complete lack of any information, big or small, isn't what I call "balance"...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Complete lack of any information, big or small, isn't what I call "balance"...

That´s something I though and wanted to write something similar, but I changed my mind on time... But it´s changes nothing on fact that mainly from first ED´s post I feel like he would to say "Screw you, stop asking stupid questions, shut up and be patient." Wich is again nothing we can do about, but much more hurtfull. I mentioned twice that we are not asking release date, but only o few facts about development. Answer is same as everytime.

I am sad. Hip does not help me anymore...

I have found, that if you watch a couple of Mi-24 videos on youtube - then think really hard about flying the Hind in DCS, jut before you go to sleep - you can usually dream some pretty wild dreams about it.

It's all I have right now :helpsmilie:

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

And heres one to give you some nightmares....

Things can go so wrong quickly in real life :cry:

What hit it?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments