DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last stable change in the changelog was 23.12.2019 . Any idea when the 2.5.6 beta will be released as a stable change?

Judging by the sounds of it, it looks like it may need one more week to smooth out a few remaining items, but it could go either way I suppose

Either we'll finally see the jf-17 & new ka50 pit......or we wont

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Last stable change in the changelog was 23.12.2019 . Any idea when the 2.5.6 beta will be released as a stable change?

It will probably be another month, at a conservative estimate. The point of stable is most major bugs/issues are fixed.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

@Eldur: 66.5 IPD (or World Scale) in DCS? You must be sitting in a miniature cockpit in-game then. Seems as if 66.5 is your actual interpupillary distance (IPD) I assume?

Please do not confuse the mislabeled IPD in DCS with your interpupillary distance. :)

In DCS (where IPD should be considered "world scale" or better yet - "cockpit scale"), try to match your hands to those of the 3D pilot, or match the size of the throttle or stick to that of your HOTAS by adjusting those values.

Much better in the end.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

@Eldur: 66.5 IPD (or World Scale) in DCS? You must be sitting in a miniature cockpit in-game then. Seems as if 66.5 is your actual interpupillary distance (IPD) I assume?

Please do not confuse the mislabeled IPD in DCS with your interpupillary distance. :)

In DCS (where IPD should be considered "world scale" or better yet - "cockpit scale"), try to match your hands to those of the 3D pilot, or match the size of the throttle or stick to that of your HOTAS by adjusting those values.

Much better in the end.

I guess this might be offtopic in this thread, but could you provide reference for your claim that DCS VR IPD means something else than interpupillery distance? I have been using my eye IPD value for that setting and it seems to match quite nicely.

I guess this might be offtopic in this thread, but could you provide reference for your claim that DCS VR IPD means something else than interpupillery distance? I have been using my eye IPD value for that setting and it seems to match quite nicely.

Do some IPD title searches in the VR thread.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

After having bought the helo's in the sale, I've been reading in the forums about new problems in the Huey campaigns. Are these generally expected to be addressed before the stable update? I am not in the OB, and wish to purchase these campaigns as soon as I get competent in the UH-1.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

Dec 2019 to Mar (possibly April) 2020

3 (possibly four) months - has there ever been such a long gap between updates to the stable version?

(Clue - No)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/2.5.5.41371/

I'd rather have the issues taken care of. Imagine the tone on these boards if the issues identified so far made it to the stable version.

Appreciate Nineline's Tuesday update info.

where is this update located. Never mind found it tucked away above the Community News forum

Edited by Rocky49

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I am guessing whatever update it was has been pulled back. I cannot open the thread.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I am guessing whatever update it was has been pulled back. I cannot open the thread.

Here's the text:

"Dear all,

As of this time, we do not expect to have a new update this week. As you know we are working on some significant issues, and they require more testing time.

The plan is to have something ready by March 4th, but even this is not set in stone. As we get more news or info, we will share it.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The ED Team"

Dec 2019 to Mar (possibly April) 2020

3 (possibly four) months - has there ever been such a long gap between updates to the stable version?

(Clue - No)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/2.5.5.41371/

Moot point - it gets updated to stable - when it gets updated to stable. They're not released on a schedule, it's released when it's ready.

The point of stable is that most major (especially game-breaking) issues are sorted and features better implemented. OB is for testing, which is why it gets more frequent updates, and it's why it's more buggy - so user can report them so they'll be fixed when it comes to stable.

I get it it's annoying and you have to patient (I exclusively run stable so I'm well aware), but I'd rather have a 2.5.6 that isn't a FPS killer and its features ironed out more. ED are working on the issues that 2.5.6 has brought. Your best bet is to look at the next OB changelog, give it a day or 2, then look at bug reports.

If they're minor predict a week or 2, if they're major (especially if multiple users are reporting the same thing, like the current performance issues). Then add a month.

Repeat and adjust based on feedback. I'm not expecting a stable build until the end of March, I'll be happy if it comes before, but I'm not going to be too disappointed if it reaches into April.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Here's the text:

"Dear all,

As of this time, we do not expect to have a new update this week. As you know we are working on some significant issues, and they require more testing time.

The plan is to have something ready by March 4th, but even this is not set in stone. As we get more news or info, we will share it.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The ED Team"

They certainly opened a huge can of worms with 2.5.6, so it's perfectly understandable that they want to work on it some more before they release a fix. What's the point of releasing a quick fix only to still have many issues, and then they wouldn't be able to follow if the new bug reports are about old or new ones. It would get confusing. Better take their time and iron out what they can. I also appreciate the heads up so we don't just wait here not knowing what's going on. 2.5.6 looks very promising with the new lighting and all!

They certainly opened a huge can of worms with 2.5.6, so it's perfectly understandable that they want to work on it some more before they release a fix. What's the point of releasing a quick fix only to still have many issues, and then they wouldn't be able to follow if the new bug reports are about old or new ones. It would get confusing. Better take their time and iron out what they can. I also appreciate the heads up so we don't just wait here not knowing what's going on. 2.5.6 looks very promising with the new lighting and all!

+1 :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

After having bought the helo's in the sale, I've been reading in the forums about new problems in the Huey campaigns. Are these generally expected to be addressed before the stable update? I am not in the OB, and wish to purchase these campaigns as soon as I get competent in the UH-1.

I'm on stable as well, but I can tell you of a bug with the UN campaign that I wish could be addressed: the total lack of ability to push your copilot out his door mid-flight. Can we get a keybind for that? His dialogue really killed the campaign for me in the first mission

If you got the shark as well, the deployment campaign is really pretty good.

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

:QUOTE=ngreenaway;4225936]I'm on stable as well, but I can tell you of a bug with the UN campaign that I wish could be addressed: the total lack of ability to push your copilot out his door mid-flight. Can we get a keybind for that? His dialogue really killed the campaign for me in the first mission

If you got the shark as well, the deployment campaign is really pretty good.

:megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

With as much as I'd like to see an update, finally fly the Jeff& new shark pit, I can't overstate how much I appreciate a conservative approach to bringing 256 to stable. It's nice to have fewer , but more substantial, updates which introduce as few bugs as possible. Thanx, ED, for the delay and continued work

System:

" significant issues " means, what ?!

:D

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Much better in the end.

Well, it actually is and if you take a close look at the shot, I have it unchecked since it literally made no difference on or off. It's just the last value I kept in while trying to figure what it does. And I haven't seen what you describe at all. The scale always was the same even when I tried extreme values like 20 or 100+. Only difference I noticed was that my eyes troubled focussing things resulting in double imagery shifting away from each other the more I set the IPD value there off from 66.5, in either direction. And IIRC the default value was 66 or 68 anyway.

Appreciate Nineline's Tuesday update info.

Same, although as much as I'd rather an update to the low performance sooner than later, I reckon when it needs more time in the oven, it shall have it. And TBH, after playing some old DOS games, 20-30fps (instead of the usual 45 I had in 255) is lots. We always keep forgetting that after getting used to like 60+fps... well, I'll just stay offline then, because MP usually runs at a third to max half of the offline FPS.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg