Pin-up photos

Hi, I would like to ask for the newbie guide showing how to put pin-up photos on the front dash of the Mirage, Spitfire, and Gazelle.

Any help will be appreciated :)

=Perdo=

• Like 1

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Hi,

Any chance that below job has been made by any of you ?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2037569/

If yes I have few question. I would like to put pin-up photo exactly to the same place where the Canadian stickers are.

I have been trying to edit those DDS files.

1. I open S:\DCS World_1.5\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Textures\M-2000C-CPT\M2KC_4C.bmp with Photoshop

2. I paste that pin-up photo on the front dash.

3. I save file using Nvidia plugin as a DDS (DXT5)file.

4. I run DCS instant mission and the photo is perfectly there :)

The problem is, everytime I turn up instruments light on the front pannel, all panel is glowing red.

Do you have any idea what is wrong ? :helpsmilie:

Thanks in advance :)

TEST.thumb.jpg.f15876c9ed33e711a99b0e01da342480.jpg

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

Maybe try DXT1 (no alpha) and see if that helps

Thanks but it didn't help much. Must be a way to do that properly :(

I skinned my share of Vehicles and cockpits so- yeah that's definitely an Alpha mask (usually appears red in Photoshop too) being not "used" correctly...

If you PM me the raw file I can convert it for you in the "right" .dds

Again, I do this on a regular base so, no worries. ;)

• Like 1

I skinned my share of Vehicles and cockpits so- yeah that's definitely an Alpha mask (usually appears red in Photoshop too) being not "used" correctly...

Thanks but would you give me some instruction first ? I wish I was able to do that all by myself :D

Again, thanks a ton!

No message yet.

No message yet.

Honestly I think I have to be home to proper helping you! :)

I'll take a screenshot of the DIalog that comes up in Photoshop when saving a skin in .dds format.

Unfortunately it's going to take at least four hours still. :(

Don't hate me, family kids and work are always in the way ;)

Luckily so, though. Don't want to be Jobless!

Honestly I think I have to be home to proper helping you! :)

I'll take a screenshot of the DIalog that comes up in Photoshop when saving a skin in .dds format.

Unfortunately it's going to take at least four hours still. :(

Don't hate me, family kids and work are always in the way ;)

Luckily so, though. Don't want to be Jobless!

Take as much time as you need.

1. Do you convert .dds before editing ?

2. Do you use this: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

3. What is the "right" .dds format for DCS ?

Some questions I wish I could know the answer.

=Pedro=

Take as much time as you need.

1. Do you convert .dds before editing ?

2. Do you use this: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

3. What is the "right" .dds format for DCS ?

Some questions I wish I could know the answer.

=Pedro=

^_^ Let's see if I can help you...

1. Usually what I do is open a template ( often times a .PSD), edit it (change a layer colour or the alpha channel or also the reflection texture), and then I save it as .dds.

2. Yes! :D

3. Hard to remember but I'm positive I never changed the original setting- I MIGHT be wrong though. Again I'm sure in four to five hours I'll have all the pictures you need...

Komemiute you are a STAR! Thank You very much Sir!