Custom NDB in MP still not working?

HOKUM52

HI,

Ive been building a campaign.

Units in these mission I make emit audio on the frequencies of the Arc-UD (a custom morse code)

My method is by selecting the unit and using the advanced waypoints actions. All works well for the Host (can find custom and default NDBs) but the Client can't hear anything including airport ADFs (but can still at least track airport NDBs)

the mission also contains triggers which play sounds to all

I Know this has been posted on in the Huey forums. From reading for the past hour I managed to pick some ideas but they were not explained in simple terms so i cant actually try them.

One was to reinitialize the radio transmissions everytime someone joins (don't have a clue how to do that)

and the other was to use some kind of trigger method rather than the unit itself emitting.

anyone care to explain how to do either of these or is it simply broken for the client no matter what I do

Thanks

Hmm ,but not sure I can just pick that up from looking at that, might need a bit more explanation but I will give it a try as soon as I can. WTS

If you could explain more simplified the concept of whats going on/ a flipflop is.

(my guess is that its a couple of triggers that cause a flag to continuously turn on and off then back on and off etc) but im not clear on it as wouldn't this mean that the NDB would keep cutting out or something? In his example how does flag one initially get set to true?

Edited by HOKUM52

I Tried this, it didn't work:

Works for Host, but no sound or bearing for client

Any suggestion/

Also I tried it the same way it is in the example ( DO SCRIPT (do local flagNa) you gave but I just got an error message.

Your help is appreciated

Screen_150718_172137.thumb.jpg.f37978c8ce0ce6cc2f77e075ad03eb47.jpg

Screen_150718_172135.thumb.jpg.2fcc22d0c36e2505aa1f5ea06a7f551c.jpg

Screen_150718_172139.thumb.jpg.b3332efec9d9bea7edf23c7cf1961d61.jpg

Edited by HOKUM52

(my guess is that its a couple of triggers that cause a flag to continuously turn on and off then back on and off etc)

Exactly. You won't get a continuous transmission, but at least something that works in MP.

I'm pretty sure I made an example mission of this a while ago, search under my username and you should find it. HTH :)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I use this, can't remember who do it. Kudos to him.

Switched Condition > Time more (10); Time less (15) > Set flag value (1,1); Set flag value (2,1)

Continuous action > Flag equals (1,1); Flag equals (2,1) OR Time since flag (1,60); Flag equals (2,1) > radio transmission (...); Flag set random value (1,2,30)

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

Hey Msalama, thanks but I couldn't find your mission, think you could track it down for me and post it here?

Wolf, thanks, ill give it a try but would be helpful if u could post some screenshots of this in the Mission editor.

I tried this But still only host can pick up my user made beacon.

Im gonna post my mission its super simple, one ground unit and two client Mi-8s.. If someone could make that work any way they know (you can delete triggers thats just my last attempt) and re-post it, it would be super useful for other people too

Thanks guys if i get this working ill be over the moon

Screen_150722_163526.thumb.jpg.3d0edd626ccb8204d683022701c52ea8.jpg

Screen_150722_163527.thumb.jpg.c45fce3c803491077654f14f06de760e.jpg

Russian Helo campaign mission test.miz

Edited by HOKUM52

And here's another example, although the receiving helicopter is a Huey since I still haven't had the time to learn the Hip properly. But still, the mechanism should be the same regardless of which chopper you fly I think:

NDB_example.miz

Thanks Wolf, I tried it and both the host and the client could track and hear the NDB zone.

However the client can no longer hear Airport ADF's despite still be able to track them. This is a shame as it nearly had it. (Unless theres a fix for that/alternative)

My last brain teaser for you Wolf : is it possible to make that zone a moving zone?

Hi Msalama unfortunately while the host could hear and track the NDB you placed the client could not hear or track it but thanks for posting the mission anyway (are you sure its the mission you meant to post BTW because its singleplayer.)

Edited by HOKUM52

Its ok, thanks for your efforts: at least you've given me a new choice.

Seems the MP world is stuck when it comes to Radio nav either

1. Have only the Host able to hear & track ADF's and user NDB's while the Client can only use ADf's

2. Have the Host hear & track ADF's and NDB's while the client can Track both NDB's and ADf's but only hear the NDB's

Rather odd and not sure which is better TBH not being able to identify your ADF's is pretty bad but then again can hear and follow the user ones :S

(are you sure its the mission you meant to post BTW because its singleplayer.)

:doh: Sorry, my bad. Anyway, it definitely is the mission because I just made it before posting. But you added some MP slots and it still didn't work for the client? OK, good to know this is now broken, because AFAIK it did work a couple of versions back...