HOWTO: Radio Mayak, its back !!

pappavis

This works fine in SP, but if a client joins after the transmission has started it is not heard. I've tried with both the RADIO TRANSMISSION trigger and ground unit transmission.

Anyone been able to get it working in MP?

Not sure where you're located (time wise) but I'd be glad to make a sample mission and we can both get in it and test it out. I'll make 2 units transmit the same file at mission start and see if we can both hear it (on different freq).

Out of intrest guys, where do you put the ogg files?

I've tried downloading your mission Wess to see where it goes, while I have the mission radio working, and I can see how you've set the radio up. I can't track down the ogg file.

Can u help?

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Out of intrest guys, where do you put the ogg files?

I've tried downloading your mission Wess to see where it goes, while I have the mission radio working, and I can see how you've set the radio up. I can't track down the ogg file.

Can u help?

Cowboy10uk

open the .miz file with winrar (or similar app). the ogg file shoulb be there

Found it. Thankyou.

One other question, is does the radio signal get affected by distance and power output.

E.g. 6 watts = 3 miles. As I get close to 3 miles, will the signal start fading out before disappearing?

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Has anyone got this working in MP yet? Or is it SP only

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has anyone got this working in MP yet? Or is it SP only

Cowboy10uk

It does not work for clients when they join the server after the transmission is active. So they have to be on the server at mission start.

But I made a workaround for multiplayer... I will upload a testmiz soon

does it work with the Huey?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

here is a radiotransmission for MP.

Radio will start via F10 radio item. So if a client join he can start the transmission again. every client on the server can hear it.

not perfect but should work until issue is fixed by ED.

Edited by sorcer3r

Radio will start via F10 radio item. So if a client join he can start the transmission again. every client on the server can hear it.

Nicely done! tested and works fine in multiplayer..thanks!!

Can I just check, if anyone else can see the file, came to download it, and she seems to be missing.

I'm guessing I just open this up using winrarm then just drop whatever files into my normal mission file right.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can I just check, if anyone else can see the file, came to download it, and she seems to be missing.

I'm guessing I just open this up using winrarm then just drop whatever files into my normal mission file right.

Cowboy10uk

Two possible ways:

1. edit the trigger in the Mission Editor -> choose a local file. The ME will include it automatically into the MIZ file when you save it

2. open the MIZ file with any Tool like 7Zip, WinZip, etc. that supports Zip archives, and exchange the soundfile inside without(!) changing the name.

If you intend to share the mission on a web platform, I would not recommend to include copyrighted music, though, for obvious reasons, unless you live in China, South Korea or Togo...:music_whistling:

Just my two cent, as music industry and there lawyers get increasingly creative to make some money via adhortatory letters, in germany at least...

There is a wide area of Creative Commons licensed music or other non-copyrighted stuff, though. Unfortunately it's not the Stones. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Old subject, but might help someone:

Recently I bought BS2 and remember from Radio Mayak from BS1 release.

Did a forum search and after successfully set the "Radio Mayak" for TP-51D I fail in set for BS 2, both for R-800 or R-828. Try many times every tip posted here, no success.

The scrips run well - I add text message to confirm - but when come to play the music file, dont work...

Finally I edit the TF-51D mission replacing it by the Ka-50 and the "Radio Mayak" work OK.

I suspect something with editor , the TF-51D mission was done with previous patch, and the BS-2 missions in last patch.

Finally, be comparing mission files I notice that in last version (ME) the trigger for "Radio Transmission" is not saved like in the previous patch, look likes he is mixed with "AI task" trigger:

["actions"] =

{

[1] =

{

["ai_task"] =

{

[1] = "",

[2] = "",

}, -- end of ["ai_task"]

["loop"] = false,

["modulation"] = false,

["zone"] = 6,

["power"] = 200,

["file"] = "Radio.ogg",

["predicate"] = "a_radio_transmission",

["frequency"] = 124000,

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of ["actions"]

["predicate"] = "triggerOnce",

}, -- end of [6]

}, -- end of ["trigrules"]

Be manually editing the trigger (trigrules) in Ka-50 missions leaving them equals in the TDF-51D mission all these BS2 missions that I did or edit with "Radio Mayak" now work OK (R-800):

["eventlist"] = "",

["actions"] =

{

[1] =

{

["seconds"] = 30,

["modulation"] = true,

["power"] = 250,

["text"] = "",

["predicate"] = "a_radio_transmission",

["loop"] = true,

["name"] = "Mayak",