ME: Radio Transmission Issue

SpecterDC13

So I was creating a mission and was setting up a trigger for a radio transmission to be played and when I selected "open" to select an audio file I clicked on the wrong one which was not an .ogg file and did not realize it until I tried to press play to preview it. When I tried to click "open" again to select a new file it will not open the file menu.

I already tried closing DCS and reopening it and even tried repairing it.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so do you have a fix? Or do I just wait for the next update?

My PC: GPU-AMD 6800XT OC / CPU- AMD RYZEN 5800X OC / 32 GB RAM 3200Mhz / 1TB SSD / 2TB HDD / 500GB M.2 / Monitor: 34" Ultrawide Samsung 1000R Curve / WinWing F16EX HOTAS / TM Cougar MFDs / TM TPR Rudder Pedals / TrackIR5 / ICP

Did you try deleting the trigger and recreating it?

Yes I have tried that multiple times. The mission editor allows me to click "open" and pulls up the file selector for .lua files, but as far as Radio Transmissions or Sounds it will not let me open the file selector for .ogg files for some strange reason.

I have tried creating new missions with all new triggers and the same thing still happens.

My PC: GPU-AMD 6800XT OC / CPU- AMD RYZEN 5800X OC / 32 GB RAM 3200Mhz / 1TB SSD / 2TB HDD / 500GB M.2 / Monitor: 34" Ultrawide Samsung 1000R Curve / WinWing F16EX HOTAS / TM Cougar MFDs / TM TPR Rudder Pedals / TrackIR5 / ICP

Make backup copies of your key mappings, custom missions, etc. then delete your DCS folder over C:\Users\UserName\Saved Games\DCS

Also, you can try repairing your DCS installation using cmd:

Gamedir\bin>DCS_updater.exe repair

See if that does the trick.

Alright I will give it a try and let you know if that works.

You could try to open the .miz file with a compress software (I use WinRar), locate the wrong sound file within it and delete it from there. Make a backup of the .miz first, just in case.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So I tried everything and ended up deleting it all together and redownloading DCS it worked at first but then I ran into the same issue this time with an actual .ogg file. Soooooooo yeah I am at a lost now.

So using notepad++ I found the line that had the bad mp3 audio and deleted and it fixed it now I can open up the file selector again and choose the correct file.