Mirage Primary ADI Turn Slip Ball

Johnr666

I cant see the ball located in the Primary ADI Turn Slip Indicator of the Mirage 2000C.

The bar is dark grey with no ball evident.

I am a newbie to the Mirage 2000C so it is very likely I have missed something such as a light switch for the Primary ADI.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Mirage Primary ADI Turn Slip Ball

In my post I should have added I only fly in VR although it appears VR is not the problem.

It seems, with difficulty, it is possible to see the side slip ball in the Mirage after the cockpit panel lights are turned on.

Compared to some other DCS aircraft the Mirage side slip ball is difficult to see because of it size, dark background and proximity.

The DCS trainers and the F5E Tiger have what I call the traditional side slip indicators i.e. large in size, in a prominent position and have a black ball on a white background. They also can be clearly seen in daylight without turning on the panel lights.

Is the Mirage side slip indicator only intended as a backup like the steam gauges and only to be used in an emergency?

I am assuming I should be referring to the HUD for controlling my co-ordinated turns when flying the Mirage and later era aircraft. If so, what item of the HUD gives the information required to maintain co-ordinated turns?

Cheers

In my post I should have added I only fly in VR although it appears VR is not the problem.

It seems, with difficulty, it is possible to see the side slip ball in the Mirage after the cockpit panel lights are turned on.

Compared to some other DCS aircraft the Mirage side slip ball is difficult to see because of it size, dark background and proximity.

The DCS trainers and the F5E Tiger have what I call the traditional side slip indicators i.e. large in size, in a prominent position and have a black ball on a white background. They also can be clearly seen in daylight without turning on the panel lights.

Is the Mirage side slip indicator only intended as a backup like the steam gauges and only to be used in an emergency?

I am assuming I should be referring to the HUD for controlling my co-ordinated turns when flying the Mirage and later era aircraft. If so, what item of the HUD gives the information required to maintain co-ordinated turns?

Cheers

Overall, the fly by wire system is doing it for you.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Without wind VV in the center of the HUD means coordinated. I'm surprised the inclinometer doesn't participate in the panel lighting.

FBW will absolutely and even contemporary analog systems with ARI (e.g. A-10, F-5) takes care of most of coordination. Unless you command yaw it shouldn't do it. At this point in your career after flying conventional trainer jets you have good habits (which you'll probably have to untrain for FBW) for muscle memory coordination.