A-6 "Intruder" by Razbam

YoYo

Frankly, I don't understand.

It's just like a dev would come here and tell us: "ok, I'm making the Mosquito".

Forum: "noooooo, we want the Whitley instead".

The A-6 just looks like Ned Flanders' s plane.

While you imagine Flash Gordon in the Thud cockpit.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also it's a male thing, a real combat aircraft has a gun (I'd make an exception for the Vigilante) :-)

Real men fly what works best and what they get assigned to. I don't know how you can say the F-105 is nice looking.. just seeing those intakes makes me laugh..

A dream come true if the intruder arrive in dcs! I prefer it over the FA-18

Blasphemy! :doh:

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Few days ago, 9 of March on FB webpage of Razbam appeared this screen with the question "Like this?"

12794825_969744279778877_8093836226385135620_o.jpg

We LIKE it!

Maybe dreams come true? Intruder for DCS !?

It will be very good choice for incoming new payware carriers and carrier ops in DCS.

Is it true?

If it comes, they'll get almost any amount of money they ask thrown at them by me. Much like the F-14 from LN, my love for the plane will cause me to pay anything they ask the first moment they let me type in my CC number. Especially with proper carrier ops coming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One of the ugliest planes to ever be in the US arsenal.

As I'm geniunely curious, why does everyone love it so much?

Uglier than the A-10?!!! Regardless, it has a tailhook, which makes it wonderful !!!:pilotfly:

First day purchase for me for sure!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uglier than the A-10?!!! Regardless, it has a tailhook, which makes it wonderful !!!:pilotfly:

It's amazing how different people can view beauty, haha. To me the A-6 has gorgeous lines and is incredibly attractive. I don't get the love for the F/A-18 or A-10. Truly different strokes for different folks!

A-6 had it's own film. F-14 had it's own film. F-16 had it's own film(s). I'm waiting for the A-10 to get a starring role :lol: (Kidding of course)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Definite first day purchase here also. Razbam is emergen as 3rd party choice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Blasphemy! :doh:

I agree, I would much prefer the A-6E over the F/A-18C. The A-6E had better range and a larger payload. Also, the A-6E would be much more interesting to fly than the F/A-18C for me.

It's amazing how different people can view beauty, haha. To me the A-6 has gorgeous lines and is incredibly attractive. I don't get the love for the F/A-18 or A-10. Truly different strokes for different folks!

A-6 had it's own film. F-14 had it's own film. F-16 had it's own film(s). I'm waiting for the A-10 to get a starring role :lol: (Kidding of course)

My dream DCS hanger would have the F-14B, A-6E, and F-16C in it. For me, growing up watching films featuring these iconic aircraft has a lot of influence on my feelings for them.

• Like 1

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

My dream DCS hanger would have the F-14B, A-6E, and F-16C in it. For me, growing up watching films featuring these iconic aircraft has a lot of influence on my feelings for them.

Same. I'd like a few others as well, but those 3 in addition to what's already in game would make me super happy.

Everyone has a different taste and different aspects of different planes either attract them or put them off. But to me, those are 3 beautiful works of moving, deadly art. Guess that's why they captured enough attention to be film stars.

Was kidding about the A-10 though. It's beautiful in an odd sort of way, and inspires utter terror the moment you hear those massive fans approaching I am sure if you're on the wicked end of her. Surprised it hasn't had it's own film. The Apache is the same sort of beautifully ugly terror and even it's had one or two starring roles, haha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm probably wrong here, but did the a6a have a ground radar? I thought DIANE was based off INS... But for me, an a6 multi crew and an f4 would be my preferred combo FO DCS...

DIANE is based of INS and DTED, but ground radar was used for fixes to update the INS (which wasn't as accurate as the laser ring gyros of today).

I'll be honest, I think Razbam should do an A-7 or A-6, but not both. I realise they have slightly different roles, but ultimately they are both US Naval Ground Attack aircraft of similar vintage. If I had to choose, I'd go with the A6 because it's a more capable machine (and the A7 looks like a flying breeze block).

I thought about the same thing, but the A-6E and A-7E were frequently tasked with different missions given their respective strengths and weaknesses. The A-6E generally performed precision strike (LGBs, Skippers, Harpoons) and night strike. While A-7Es were more day strike, SEAD (with HARMS/CBUs), some precision strike with Walleyes, and conventional strike with unguided munitions.

Another thing though, in some ways it nice to have modules which are very different from each other, but that opens up logistical challenges as well. Leatherneck is already developing a new theater for the F-14:

The F-14 will ship with a completely new DCS Theatre, perfectly suited for the F-14 and Naval Operations of the era. This new theatre will be available seperately as well, and will be a great addition to the current fleet of available DCS Modules.

With the F-14 and A-7E on the way, it makes sense to flush out the other combat members of the airwing - all the infrastructure for an excellent environment (map, carrier ops, AI) and experience are already in place. Plus, both A-6Es and A-7Es went into real combat, attacked real targets, and sunk ships in the Strait of Hormuz, so both the A-6 and A-7 will have two combat theaters in place before they even arrive.

If Razbam then jumps to the F-105, then they (or someone) needs to make a new map and such to properly place and employ it. That's a lot more work.

I think that clustering modules that work well together make the most sense at the moment. I'd love an A-6E, one of my favorite aircraft (with the F-14, A-7E, F-15E, and Harrier - wow...Razbam seems to be reading my mind ;)).

-Nick

• Like 1

The f105 wouldn't be out of place in the Black Sea- they were made for low-level bomb delivery over Eastern Europe after all...

Kind of....except the entire Black Sea map would be Soviet territory (save for a little bit of Turkey that does not have any air bases.

I guess you could claim that the F-105s were operating from a forward base in captured territory, though F-105s didn't really do that in Vietnam - they preferred long range missions with refueling.

Still, more 1960s oriented AI would help (early MiG-21s, MiG-19s, MiG-17s, Su-9s, and Su-7s, etc).

My 2 cents,

-Nick