can i enter coordinates for direct to function?

ebabil

i have learnt to use mouse cursor, nearest airport and manually entering waypoints as direct to flight plans. but i wonder is it possible to enter coordinates to it?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Can you elaborate? Can I do that on direct page ?

Thank you

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Can you elaborate? Can I do that on direct page ?

Thank you

It's probably better to use the User Waypoint pag, see page 39 of the NS430 manual for more details but you can throw your coords in there.

You'll find the manual under /dcs/mods/aircraft/ns430/doc/

1. go to WPT page

2. Go to last sub page "USR WPT"

3. Click YES to create a new WP.

4. Name it. I usually go A1, A2, A3 to make it simple

5. Scroll down to coordinates and enter Long/Lat from any source

Next, go to FLP (flight plan) Scroll down to an empty row, and imput your waypoint name.

Activate leg!

Or just click the Direct to Button and activate it from there!

I actually learned everything I know about the NS430 from watching tutorials on the real IRL gadget on youtube.

Amazing how accurate the sim is.

Hope that helps

Edited by Grodlund

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Thanks !

Youtube

• 2 weeks later...
1. go to WPT page

2. Go to last sub page "USR WPT"

3. Click YES to create a new WP.

4. Name it. I usually go A1, A2, A3 to make it simple

5. Scroll down to coordinates and enter Long/Lat from any source

Next, go to FLP (flight plan) Scroll down to an empty row, and imput your waypoint name.

Activate leg!

Or just click the Direct to Button and activate it from there!

I actually learned everything I know about the NS430 from watching tutorials on the real IRL gadget on youtube.

Amazing how accurate the sim is.

Hope that helps

by any chance, do you happen to know WHERE (physical file) on the drive the USER waypoints are being stored to?

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

by any chance, do you happen to know WHERE (physical file) on the drive the USER waypoints are being stored to?

Ahh... The Holy Grail

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 1 month later...

Seconding the above questions. Any ideas on where waypoint information is being stored? I'm noticing that it doesn't save user waypoints from mission to mission, but that seems like the greatest tool in this kit.

I might be able to chop together an AHK script that inputs one if I can't find it.

• 1 month later...