F-15 Radar help elevation scan

I know now that shift; and shift. move the radar antenna/eos up and down but what im trying to do but cant is when im using the radar in the F-15 i want to move the antenna elevation up and down without the target designator moving along with it. I have tried the mapping to just ; and . but still the tdb moves along with the radar elevation, how can i get it to move up and down without the Target designator moving as well, thanks all. Anyone have this on a x-52 profile (.pro sdk?) i can see how it is done, thanks.

It's a mapable Axis , I have it set to the slider on the X52 throttle..

It controls F15 scan elevation as well as the EOS and Russian radar elevation.

It is seperate from the target designator (which is also mapable to axis..I have this set on my ministick)

Just remember your radar is a "Cone" and what your altitude designator says is not always true. There is alot of space inbetween the scanning zones so watch when you get a radar reflection and remember where you are scanning. You can get tecnical with explanations but the best way to figure out the F-15 Radar is tons of practice. If one is a good radar operator you can "Fool" your bandit into thinking that your radar transmission is comming from a different location. :smilewink:

One of the hardest searches in the F-15c radar is 90 degree bandit intercept. If you know a bandit is out there but his "Red/Blue shift" is spoofing your radar you will need to fly into a different intercept search pattern. The radar in the Eagle is the best in LOMAC reguardless of Russian Jets data-links, EOS, and there radar. If you can become good and fast with scanning it will give you the edge you need to shoot down good pilots that folow the same flight/intercept patterns.

Remember your radar will give your posistion away, so use it wisely.

Good luck!

:thumbup:

I understand how to you use, my problem is when i move it up my target designator also moves, should i set the slider by shift; and shift. and then my target designator by just ; and .

Yes. Set them to different commands. Otherwise you will experience the problem you are having. My scan zone is set to "CTRL-;" and "CTRL-." The TDC is set to ";" and "."

Just remember your radar is a "Cone" and what your altitude designator says is not always true

For me it seems correct more often than not. What most people forget is that the vertical scan altitude readings are tied to the TDC. SO you are seeing the vertical scan limits for the range at the TDC's location (range).

Rich

Edited by Ironhand
Make a sentence clearer.
  • Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.