This week's mission

Sandman1330

Thanks for the mission Wags, love the concept!

One suggestion: It would be nice to start a bit further back. I don't even have time to set up the cockpit (like turning on countermeasures) and build at least a base level of SA before I'm already in a turning fight.

Otherwise, looks interesting (if I can ever get past the getting killed stage)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Hard time with Migs because of the 4 Mk84 but pretty fun !

+1 for start too close.

I tried a low altitude loft in auto bombing mode but bombs fall too short.

And at the end of the fight while switching external views, DCS CTD without warning message nor track file. Symptomatic since last patch.

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

I can't even get to the target.

MiGs get me every time, wingmen are useless, MiGs dodge my sparrows like they don't exist. I end up taking on 4 migs by myself while my wingmen do nothing to help.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I can't even get to the target.

MiGs get me every time, wingmen are useless, MiGs dodge my sparrows like they don't exist. I end up taking on 4 migs by myself while my wingmen do nothing to help.

Using the "Cover Me" command usually helps with wingmen.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Using the "Cover Me" command usually helps with wingmen.

The "wingman/leader" is not in the same group so you can't talk to him.

Engage the wingman Mig first because your "wingman" engage the first by default.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

The "wingman/leader" is not in the same group so you can't talk to him.

Engage the wingman Mig first because your "wingman" engage the first by default.

Yeah, tried that. He misses then carries on to the target, my sparrow misses, then I end up in a turning fight with 2 migs while carrying 4 Mk84s. I manage to kill those 2 alone, then another one always sneaks up on me. Gotta love DCS AI! ;)

I don't think saying the mission sucks is fair at all. Yeah it would be nice to start further back, have more time to setup the jet and get some SA, but IRL most of us do not stand a chance to be a real fighter pilot, this is what these guys face. For a mission a week type of thing, I don't thing Wags and his crew have time to setup a full mission from takeoff to landing, they are giving us something fun to try using their free tme.

I have a ton of hours in the Bug, systems, flight everything, awesome, but combat, I don't stand a chance, my brain just does not think that fast.

After listening to the podcast episode the things you guys criticize might be intentional. The pilot mentioned that due to training and doctrine at the time he had no SA and his cockpit was configured all wrong for A/A when he got the call that he had MiGs 15 miles off his nose.

Maybe this is what the mission creator wanted to replicate by throwing us in so close to the action.

Edited by spiddx

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

After listening to the podcast episode the things you guys criticize might be intentional. The pilot mentioned that due to training and doctrine at the time he had no SA and his cockpit was configured all wrong for A/A when he got the call that he had MiGs 15 miles off his nose.

Maybe this is what the mission creator wanted to replicate by throwing us in so close to the action.

Good point!

I’d have been dead then ;)

That being said, I would imagine he had capable AWACS and wingmen / other assets to help. We have DCS AI... :megalol:

• ED Team

The mission was updated today:

1- Increased the ingress range for the wimps out there ;)

2- Added carrier battle group.

3- Added an S-3 tanker and BARCAP.

Please note that this will be added as an Instant Action mission, meaning that cold start and a long ingress is not really appropriate.

For those that find it a bit too much of a challenge, you may wish to turn on "dot" labels.

Have fun!

Please note that this will be added as an Instant Action mission, meaning that cold start and a long ingress is not really appropriate.

For those that find it a bit too much of a challenge, you may wish to turn on "dot" labels.

Have fun!

LMAO!! Ouch! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I had no issue with the previous ingress range, but then again ... Great mission Wags thanks !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LMAO!! Ouch! :)

Haha, I deserve it though ;)

Have fun!

Ah we managed it before the change and knocked out the first two MiG 21`s on approach in the process. Of course I ran out of fuel at the end and for the next one just added the Stennis as a 5th waypoint to land. Still, keep them coming.

Edit- The AI F-14`s are pretty useless on CAP, they were still fully loaded at missions end.

Edited by Zoomer

• ED Team
Ah we managed it before the change and knocked out the first two MiG 21`s on approach in the process. Of course I ran out of fuel at the end and for the next one just added the Stennis as a 5th waypoint to land. Still, keep them coming.

Edit- The AI F-14`s are pretty useless on CAP, they were still fully loaded at missions end.

The F-14 behavior is intended. In the real world mission, they also missed the MiGs and were of no help.

Could someone who was successful post a track?

I’ve tried and failed 10 times now, just can’t seem to crack this one. At first, the migs were evading every missile I fired. Eventually, by waiting until point blank range (way inside Rne), I managed to consistently kill them, but it usually leaves me no missiles left for the second pair, though so far I have ignored them and they don’t shoot anyway. But now I can’t get close to the target, the SA6s shoot down the HARM shooters before they ever fire the HARMs, then shoot me down. I’ve tried a low level toss delivery, but like someone else said, they miss by a mile.

Would someone who was successful share some insight as to how they accomplished it?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great mission and I love the concept - I just want to win it!! ;)

Edited by Sandman1330

you have to wait until the SEAD group terminates the SA-06 !!!

And ...

has nobody tried to reach the Stennis ?

The TCN Channel is 1 instead of 74 .... which is pronounced in briefing ...

You can use Chn 1 or change it in the ME :)

great mission ...

i think,

all have to start earlier with more fuel :music_whistling:

too much ...

• ED Team
you have to wait until the SEAD group terminates the SA-06 !!!

And ...

has nobody tried to reach the Stennis ?

The TCN Channel is 1 instead of 74 .... which is pronounced in briefing ...

You can use Chn 1 or change it in the ME :)

great mission ...

i think,

all have to start earlier with more fuel :music_whistling:

Please update to the current version.

A few more tries and I've got it nailed. Fun mission!

The HARM shooters need a little remedial training though... They never actually kill the SA6s, I just wait outside the envelope while they shoot off all their missiles, then go in for the attack once they've run out LOL

I have the same complaint as the OP. You literally wake-up just a few miles from the bandits with your Countermeasures not properly configured or any other settings the way you want it. The bandit is literally about 5 miles from me by the time I'm ready to engage.

Hell, I would have loved if this was a cold-start or runway-start mission. I really hate jumping into battle with my targets about to pass me by.

i have made a long run version ...

- starting from catapult neyt to your leader

- flying in formation to action start point (all follow the leader, you are the wingmen !)

- adding more fuel

- starting the fence in action via a trigger (that is the original part !! from ED)

- adding a tanker (KC-130)

@officials:

could i get the permission to publish these modified original mission?

Edited by caponi

too much ...