JTAC lasing a ship

Starfighter

I've been busy testing the GBU-usage with the Mirage now, and successfully engaged stationary tanks and structures. However, if I assign the JTAC to lase a ship, it just says "no targets available" when starting radio comms. The JTAC has a clear line of sight and is well within range to the ship. Tested with some russian destroyers and cargo ships. Is it even possible to get a JTAC lasing a ship for you? If yes whats the trick?

• 2 weeks later...
I've been busy testing the GBU-usage with the Mirage now, and successfully engaged stationary tanks and structures. However, if I assign the JTAC to lase a ship, it just says "no targets available" when starting radio comms. The JTAC has a clear line of sight and is well within range to the ship. Tested with some russian destroyers and cargo ships. Is it even possible to get a JTAC lasing a ship for you? If yes whats the trick?

I tried the same thing with no luck.

A ground JTAC (well in range) looks ok in the mission editor but says no targets in the mission.

Interestingly, using a reaper drone as JTAC, in the mission editor it won't even let me select the ship group as targets.

Are we doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Don't think JTACs are programmed to target ships since that is likely out of the scope of a JTAC.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum