Today!! Hornet updates?

skoner

I can't get the speedbrake to extend/retract either by my WH HOTAS or the keyboard --- anyone else having this problem too?

Edit: I even put the config files from a backup I made before the update - no joy.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I can't get the speedbrake to extend/retract either by my WH HOTAS or the keyboard --- anyone else having this problem too?

Edit: I even put the config files from a backup I made before the update - no joy.

I haven't had a chance to test yet, but the mappings had changed so that the Speed brake switch had been remapped to Chaff. Have changes these back and will try later

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

also, additional commands that i really used (2 position switches) don t work anymore..

{down = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, up = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm Switch 2-Pos ARM/SAFE'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Master Arm Panel')}},

{down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_EXTERIOR_LIGTHS, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_EXTERIOR_LIGTHS, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Exterior Lights 2-Pos ONOFF'), category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

{down = iCommandPlaneGearUp, up = iCommandPlaneGearDown, name = _('Landing Gear Control Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},

{down = gear_commands.HookHandle, up = gear_commands.HookHandle, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Arresting Hook Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'), category = {_('Right Vertical Panel')}},

{down = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, up = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.HUD, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Altitude Switch 2-Pos BARO/RADAR'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('HUD Control Panel')}},

{down = cpt_commands.CanopySwitchClose, up = cpt_commands.CanopySwitchOpen, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECHANICS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Canopy Control Switch 2-Pos OPEN/CLOSE'), category = {_('Right Wall'), _('Systems')}},

{down = oxygen_commands.OBOGS_ControlSw, up = oxygen_commands.OBOGS_ControlSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.OXYGEN_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('OBOGS Control Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console')}},

{down = cptlights_commands.HookBypass, up = cptlights_commands.HookBypass, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_LIGTHS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Hook Bypass 2-Pos Switch CARRIER/FIELD/CARRIER'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},

{down = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, up = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Launch Bar Control 2-Pos Switch RETRACT/EXTEND'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

after update, my radar froze many times during online play. didn't have this problem before or i didin't noticed it

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

main modes bindings (A/A, A/G) are not working even the keyboard binds are not working, wth?¿?¿?, they look redish in the controls page...what does that means???

thanks!

I found with the red ones if I cleared all bindings for that 'key' I could bind a new button press. It seems like the red ones denote a double assignment of sorts.

today i notice the aim 120C is available, has been for awhile or just the B?

They have been available for over a month.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Worst case scenario, if you can't get your key bindings to work, bin the relevant lua file in the Saved Games set up for the module and input device affected, and it will re-create one when you restart DCS World. Then you'll have a clean file to start re-mapping with.

The problem is due to ED wanting to rationalize the key inputs across all modules. It's not a huge drama to re-set things. Long term, it apparently will make life easier.

I can't select radar altimeter, seems to be stuck in baro. Is it something I'm not doing or is it a bug from today's update?

Also noticed they've added all the joysticks and throttles for each module in the main input folders. Not seen that before (pretty sure it was just default.lua in there so if it was done previously then I didn't know). Probably why people are seeing changes in their keybindings? I found some of the Virpil joystick had been pre-programmed with keybindings I don't use so had to remove them. Same with Warthog throttle settings. Had to adjust some analogue settings too.

Hardware:

Intel i9 7920X@4.2

EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid

128GB DDR4 3200

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + PENDUL_R Rudder

VIRPIL MongoosT-50CM2 + Base

HP Reverb Pro

Not only did none of the supposed fixes listed in the change log take hold, they're worse. To add insult to injury, a lot of my bindings got mixed up/deleted. Can we roll back the radar already until it's been properly QA'd?

• ED Team
Not only did none of the supposed fixes listed in the change log take hold, they're worse. To add insult to injury, a lot of my bindings got mixed up/deleted. Can we roll back the radar already until it's been properly QA'd?

All this was fixed in this patch:

Hotfix B-sweep no longer renders outside the radar tactical area.

Corrected the drag value of TCTS Pod.

TDC cursor position maintains location after target breaks lock.

Aerial refuelling Instant Action missions have been corrected.

B-Sweep no longer hangs when radar loses lock. This issue is still being worked on for an undesignated button break lock.

The controls issues are due to us starting to standardize and clean up the controls and how they are done in the sim, it makes for some extra work now, but down the road, it will be easier to have controller-based profiles supplied with the sim, that assign most controls for you, as well as have auto settings that make more sense and not so daunting.

No rollback is required, also this is Open Beta, if you don't like things like this, that can come with little to no notice, it's better to stick with the release version.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

The only binding issue I’m having is “Arresting Hook - Cycle” default is “H” and it doesn’t respond to the H key or HOTAS binding. The “Down” I set to “H” and the “Up” I set to “LShft+H”. All other “highlighted” bindings have been corrected. It only took me a few minutes to fix.

So, I’m assuming this is a bug. Unless I’m the only one to have this issue.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Ok - good! Then its not just me. I agree it “should” be easy to fix.

Hotfix B-sweep no longer renders outside the radar tactical area.

Corrected the drag value of TCTS Pod.

TDC cursor position maintains location after target breaks lock.

Aerial refuelling Instant Action missions have been corrected.

B-Sweep no longer hangs when radar loses lock. This issue is still being worked on for an undesignated button break lock.

The controls issues are due to us starting to standardize and clean up the controls and how they are done in the sim, it makes for some extra work now, but down the road, it will be easier to have controller-based profiles supplied with the sim, that assign most controls for you, as well as have auto settings that make more sense and not so daunting.

No rollback is required, also this is Open Beta, if you don't like things like this, that can come with little to no notice, it's better to stick with the release version.

Are you saying these control binding problems will Not be released to stable at any point ? I would much prefer that ED leave my bindings alone :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Had this game since Lomac days, it's what, 15 years down the road and we still push out updates that clobber everyones key bindings ?

How about an 'opt-in' approach on your profiles rather than a 'we will clobber your settings, so good luck try again' approach

Had this game since Lomac days, it's what, 15 years down the road and we still push out updates that clobber everyones key bindings ?

How about an 'opt-in' approach on your profiles rather than a 'we will clobber your settings, so good luck try again' approach

Hmmm....called early access!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• ED Team
They were broken on all ED & Belsimtek modules. Not everything is in EA.

No but it is Open Beta, and that is what Open Beta is for, for finding issues such as this. The team is looking at it, to see if they can smooth over the transition, but in some cases, it may require redoing some assignments.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png