Today!! Hornet updates?

skoner

According to last week's newsletter, we should get some air-air radar improvements with todays patch.

i would be quite happy with that already :)

Intel i7-9700K @4.7 Ghz ° Win 11 64bit Pro ° 32Gb DDR4 3000mhz ° 1Gb Samsung 970 Evo plus Nvme M.2 ° RTX 2070 super ° Virpil WarBrd and Constellation Stick & TM Warthog Throttle ° TM pedals ° 5120x1440 samsung 49" monitor

Actually more than LGBS which of course I'd like to have , we need a working radar on the f18....its not working very well, it freezez, it doesnt even find target 5 miles ahead....as of now it's useless.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

We're not going to get anything like GBUs, JHMCS or HARMs because they all need some instructions on how they work and we don't have a video from Wags explaining it. Before every other feature release a video came out the day before (or before that) showing how it worked. I'd set expectations really low for this one.

I really really look forward to hornet updates

There should be hornet updates Today!!! Please

I wouldn’t expect anything apart from bug fixes. I think the next thing in a month or so will be a Wags video showcasing some features of the JHMCS before it will be pushed to open beta in 6-8 weeks.

Edited by Manuel_108

It seems some keybindings were reassigned. I had to go back and change a few things after the update.

** Before updating, save your keybindings ** not sure if it would still work or not, but worth a shot.

Edited by Speedywrx

i7-7700k OC'd to 5.0 GHz, ASUS 1080ti OC, 32 GB 3200 MHz G.Skill, Samsung 960 pro M.2, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek pedals, Valve Index HMD

Updated to latest version this morning. Radar sweep bar still sticks when set to 4b and 140 degrees. Change it to 80 degrees fine again.

Edited by DAZnBLAST

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Updated to latest version this morning. Radar sweep bar still sticks on 4b and 140 degrees. Change it to 80 degrees fine again.

I can confirm this... two weeks later, this is still a thing. Since launch this radar has been one heck of an headache.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

I think it was mentioned ED is aiming for end of the month to have JHMCS ready. No mention of when we could see the A2A radar overhaul though. Hopefully in the same timeframe.

Outside of maybe the HARM, I don't see any A2G capabilities being added until 2019.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Outside of maybe the HARM, I don't see any A2G capabilities being added until 2019.

I think the Tomcat should rush ED a bit. Or... it will be used as as cover for a developer slowdown. Let's just wait and see.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Updated to latest version this morning. Radar sweep bar still sticks on 4b and 140 degrees. Change it to 80 degrees fine again.

TDC still returns to top left when undesignating as well, correct?

Both things noted to be fixed in the patch don't seem to be fixed :doh:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440