throttle stopped working

chaser

The latest in a line of problems which has plagued me since finding DSC world and the modules I have brought is the FA18 throttle has suddenly stopped working, which is only happening with the Fa18

no matter what position you have the throttle in it slips back to the idle position.

The throttle is the Warthog, which has the latest drivers installed, there are no conflicts with binding

I give up im off to bed ! - another evening down the drain

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My money is on a binding issue, just sayin. Nobody else is having this problem. Try a DCS repair? Try backing up and then deleting your bindings in the save game folder (saved games/DCS.openbeta/config/input/FA-18 from memory, or similar) and see if that solves the problem. Copy them out somewhere to back them up and then delete them and see if it’s still doing it.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Looking at your track, it looks like a key/button bind is pulling the throttles down since they move slowly back to idle. A duplicate axis bind would move them back instantly.

Edited by Deezle

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Looking at your track, it looks like a key/button bind is pulling the throttles down since they move slowly back to idle. A duplicate axis bind would move them back instantly.

Bingo. Look at the keybindings for throttle movement.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Bingo. Look at the keybindings for throttle movement.

Sadly not - this happened mid cat take off ,the first cat was successful the second i could not spin up the throttles

I have checked and re checked there are no conflicts on the bindings I have even removed all of the original key bindings that are preset

Thanks for your reply's Gents

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this still happening or did it just happen randomly once?

Proud owner of:

I looked at the track and then, in the second replay, took control.

When I press "Throttle Smoothly (Both) - Decrease" from categories "Throttle Quadrant" and also "Flight Controls", it looks 100% like in your track.

The default binding for this action is NUM-

I guess you should check your keyboard for stuck keys, and also unplug all other game controllers or HIDs that might be sending the NUM- (or other) key presses all the time.

I looked at the track and then, in the second replay, took control.

When I press "Throttle Smoothly (Both) - Decrease" from categories "Throttle Quadrant" and also "Flight Controls", it looks 100% like in your track.

The default binding for this action is NUM-

I guess you should check your keyboard for stuck keys, and also unplug all other game controllers or HIDs that might be sending the NUM- (or other) key presses all the time.

Thank you for your reply

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...