C-101 update

Vibora

You set it in the ME as a failure. Or you can get an engine flameout due to negative G's for example. Also, due to fuel starvation, but in this case it's obviously irrecoverable.

Other types of engine failure are engine fire, engine stall, chip in oil or oil pressure drop, as we see in previous post.

Engine model in our simulation is very complex, as well as other systems, there are many other features implemented in the code that could cause a failure or could be set as a failure in the ME.

Nice. A couple of questions.

Just did a quick read to see what can cause compressor stall ...

- foreign object damage such as bird strikes

- engine mismanagement

- extreme maneuvering

- engine icing

- poor maintenance

Does the simulation take any of these into account (other than maintenance)?

Also, will chip detection eventually lead to an engine seizure?

It takes into account engine mismanagement, if you exceed engine ITT in the case of the EB, or if you do not move slowly the throttle when engine computer is off.

Chip detector is one of the consequences of the above described case of stall if you persist in the engine mishandling which can lead to an engine fire.

I'm planing to add engine seizure with chip detertor on.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Bird strike in DCS, need to analyse how that interacts with our module, I don't know if it's included in the damage model. A hit with a bird should cause a damage in that part of the airplane I guess.

Engine icing: need to investigate it because it was working in SFM and not sure yet if it's correctly handled in EFM. We have it included in the code, but there seems to be an issue interacting with DCS.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Engine icing: need to investigate it because it was working in SFM and not sure yet if it's correctly handled in EFM. We have it included in the code, but there seems to be an issue interacting with DCS.

I wouldn't bother with engine icing if I were you. Right now the atmosphere in DCS isn't simulated realisticly anyways. It acts as if it were always saturated in water, giving you icing warnings even though you're flying in perfect clear conditions, far from any visible moisture.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I know. We have simulated ice accretion level depending on the temperature range (OAT) and weather settings in ME. So if you fly in a mission with thunderstorms of snow you will get ice rapidly, and engine will fail if you don't use anti-icing and continuous ignition, at least when we had SFM, we need to solve it for EFM. Not totally realistic, but it's at least a way to try to simulate it.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I know. We have simulated ice accretion level depending on the temperature range (OAT) and weather settings in ME. So if you fly in a mission with thunderstorms of snow you will get ice rapidly, and engine will fail if you don't use anti-icing and continuous ignition, at least when we had SFM, we need to solve it for EFM. Not totally realistic, but it's at least a way to try to simulate it.

Two thumbs up for this :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of interesting stuff in this weeks update ...

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

- Improved textures of cockpit structure and front panel

- Fixed canopy textures

- Fixed pilot textures

- All liveries are now also accessible to users that do not own the module

- Fixed engine failure due to ice accretion

- Added the following failures:

- Engine flameout with relight

- Engine flameout without relight

- Engine anti-ice failure

- Chip in oil (including engine damage accumulation if engine is mishandled)

- GS and LOC signal failures

- VOR, TACAN, DME, ADF and radio altimeter failures

- Pitch trim runaway - Nose up

- Pitch trim runaway - Nose down

- Control stick pitch trim switch failure

- Control stick aileron trim switch failure

- Rudder trim failure

- Left gear extension fault

- Left gear retraction fault

- Right gear extension fault

- Right gear retraction fault

- Nose gear extension fault

- Nose gear retraction fault

- Flaps fault

- Front and rear cockpits synchronization in multiplayer (multicrew):

- Fixed dc bus tie and engine anti-ice syncs

- Added fuel valve, submerged pump and fuselage fuel quantity syncs

- Added partially functioning transfer pumps and start-up sequence syncs

- Fixed fuel pumps synchronization

- Fixed refueling on ground (Still WIP, can only refuel up to 97% and cannot defuel)

Regarding refuelling, please take the following precautions.

Fuel loaded is higher than fuel requested. For example, if you request for 25% of fuel, you will get around 43%. We are investigating what can be the reason for this behaviour.

Since you can't load more than 97%, the loading event will never end, unless you start moving so that mechanic and fuel track get disconnected. Therefore, take into account that you should request first weapons load and then fuel load, once weapons are loaded, otherwise the weapons loading event will never start since fuel loading keeps in progress for ever.

We hope to be able to solve all this soon.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Only in those cases. If you request 25% and you get 43%, it will stop. But if you request 80%, for sure it won't, since it will try to load more than 97% but in that case, since it never reaches the target of 100%, it won't stop.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some servers start with fuel already added and then the C101 is bugged.

Indeed. I tried it on the Cold War server today. The aircraft was a) over-filled with fuel and b) not armed. Thus I could not use it.

The devs are no-doubt aware of this debilitating bug, but in the meantime, it would be appreciated if the server hosts could pre-configure the C-101CC with at least some basic weapon loadout so we can use this otherwise-superb module.

I provided you instructions above on how to proceed. See above post and previous page. If you do it so, you can rearm and refuel. We keep working to solve this bug.

Edited by Vibora

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

- Added buffet vibration and sound, due to high angle of attack, high g-force or high airspeed.

- Fixed refuelling and defuelling processes.

- Solved issue with engine shutdown at high altitudes when moving throttle in a slightly abrupt way.

- Added Force Feedback.

- Fixed emergency fuel lever full travel. It now reaches the max position.

You guys rock. :)