CM Dispenser / Eclair Pod

Flagrum

I am trying to get my head around the Eclair Pod and it's capabilities.

Are my findings correct? This is what I got:

Spirale = fixed number of 16 IR flares and 112 chaff cartridges ( http://www.mbda-systems.com/air-dominance/spirale-2000 )

Eclair = "Increases the internal IR flare capacity by 4 times" ( http://www.mbda-systems.com/air-dominance/eclair-m )

The Eclair pod seems to be just a big box that can contain 6 modules - where each module can either hold 8 IR flares or 18 "other cartridges". I am not sure if those 18 cartridges can only be chaff or if those are rather those "advanced flares / small-calibre flares" that the Spirale product flyer speaks about.

But this means, the Eclair pod seems to be more flexible in terms of what type of CM can be loaded, right? Up to 6 x 8 IR flares or up to 6 x 18 chaff cartridges - or apropriate combinations of such modules.

Is that correct?

The Éclair pod is a small box placed in the brake chute storage bin. It carries 18 more chaff and 16 more flares. The amount of chaff and flares is fixed and cannot be modified.

The Éclair-M is a new pod, made by the company who built the Éclair as a replacement. AFAIK it wasn't approved for use in the AdA until recently. It has more capacity and unlike the Éclair, the amount of chaff/flares can be tailored to the specific mission.

The M-2000C never carried the Éclair-M, only the Éclair. The -5 and the D are the ones who have the Éclair-M among their load options.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thanks Zeus.

I also just found this - which illustrates that quite well:

f0de355bb5009a171d363e512969f764.png

That's the Éclair.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

mirage_2000_sirpa_air-1680x640.jpg

This is the Éclair-M.

okay, now after last update I didn't find any Eclair pod in the loadout menu

more over, now I can split chaff/flares number in ~50/50 proportion - and I will still have my chute! is that a bug ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

okay, now after last update I didn't find any Eclair pod in the loadout menu

more over, now I can split chaff/flares number in ~50/50 proportion - and I will still have my chute! is that a bug ?

As they have said its not fully implemented.

You can get more Flares.

But there is no actual pod Available yet.

So even if you take more flares you still keep the chute.

And im pretty sure you can also take to many flares atm.

(even if you simulate the Eclair pod)

Edited by mattebubben

• 2 years later...