Carrier mission

steelrfan85

I am wondering if I am able to create a mission with multiple aircraft onboard the Stennis. I’d like to have my hornet parked on Elevator 2 by cat 2 in cold and dark. Then gave another hornet and two tomcats ready for launch. It would be cool to see them taxi to there catapults but not sure if that’s an option. I’m wanting them to fly the mission with me in SP mode. How would I go about doing this? Would they be added as clients still even though the would not be for multiplayer? Any insight would be great. Thank you.

I am able to put the same model as I am with several units in my carrier. If I add a 4th f18 takeoff from rMp it is out in the water and can’t move it so I can only use 3. I tried adding other aircraft instead and it changed my aircraft to that model. It wouldn’t allow me to mix and match.

Strange behavior

Here are a few screenshots I took with my phone. The map one is how it started once and never would come off map mode. I was trying to figure out why there was a blue area on runway. After I zoomed in, it was one of my UH-60. I highlighted and it would not remove. The next was my load screen was showing me as the F18 lot 20 and started outside view of enemy mig29. Never let me into my own aircraft. It should show my 2 other F18’s. Only myself is Player. The other too are just high skills. The last was my carrier. I put a bunch of static aircraft, linked them to my carrier and when I flew the mission that’s what it looked like and they were moving with the ship.

E5B55958-8FB0-47A0-9323-76A7DD34E7FB.thumb.jpg.d53efb458722afe8808f3ebadcbbfb86.jpg

CC4B7348-5E0E-4CB9-8220-B1BC52E0C014.thumb.jpg.7f28eeb03a74e872909af7ebc05e95d4.jpg

CD884D11-0DED-46D4-B0EE-6E8F4768F356.thumb.jpg.7a615a5f4ff8cc8c324073a4810a81fc.jpg

The map one is how it started once and never would come off map mode

That's probably because you had no available aircraft to fly.

Any unit set to "Client" (under SKILL) will be available to fly...as long as you own the relevant module and the aircraft is flyable.

If you don't own the relevant module or the aircraft isn't flyable, you won't spawn in it (flyable aircraft are shown in yellow on the ME aircraft list).

After I zoomed in, it was one of my UH-60. I highlighted and it would not remove.

Units can't be removed like that once the mission has started, you need to be in ME for that.

The next was my load screen was showing me as the F18 lot 20 and started outside view of enemy mig29. Never let me into my own aircraft.

If you don't own the F18 module, you simply can't fly the plane. If that F18 lot 20 isn't shown in yellow on the ME list, it means you can't fly it.

The last was my carrier. I put a bunch of static aircraft, linked them to my carrier and when I flew the mission that’s what it looked like and they were moving with the ship.

At the bottom of the ME map you'll see a "tank icon", it enables 2D unit view on the map, use it.

Now, keep in mind that carriers in DCS have limited parking slots (I think the limit is 4).

That means you can't have more than 4 units starting from ramp on the carrier. Any additional unit set to start from ramp will be placed on the nearest airbase instead of on the carrier.

I’d like to have my hornet parked on Elevator 2 by cat 2 in cold and dark. Then gave another hornet and two tomcats ready for launch. It would be cool to see them taxi to there catapults but not sure if that’s an option.

Set your hornet to start from ramp and select one of the available slots on the carrier.

Do the same for the remaining hornet and the two tomcats (assign them to the remaining slots, ofc).

Edited by Hardcard

Thank you for replying. I have been patiently waiting for a response. I do own the f18. It is yellow (player). As for the spots I had zoomed in to see a top down of the deck. I chose from the ramp for all 3. But I didn’t want it multiplayer so that’s why I didn’t choose client. If I chose anybaircraft besides my F18 it would then change my plane to that plane. When I chose takeoff of ramp the planes were all over the deck.

Client works for both SP and MP missions. Simply select the client you want and fly, works the same in SP and MP.

When you choose "takeoff from ramp", ME places the aircraft automatically, pay no mind.

Anyway, are you still having problems or not?

PS. Remember, use the "tank icon" at the bottom of the ME map, that way you'll see a 2D representation of all units (when you zoom in).

Edited by Hardcard

I apparently was on the 2d already. I added 2 other F18 clients and chose their payload. Ehhen I started I was outside of the mig. Then it gave me a choice and and 11 other F18’s which makes no sense unless it’s county all the other F18 but those are static I chose my aircraft and it went to the carrier but I had no aircraft next to me. When I add an aircraft to take off from ramp all the aircraft stack each other. Unable to move them around. I still can’t change other aircraft to a different model without changing my aircraft.

D972DDC2-C0A7-4916-8994-98F71ED6279C.thumb.jpg.c21a93210f909659321fe6b20a883125.jpg

81FE973B-813D-4F5E-B470-6272D6E763A6.thumb.jpg.41eae1b1a1c6943ce3e5154cd3376a01.jpg

When I decided to just increase my unit to 3. It took all my static aircraft and overlayed them. I couldn’t change the other 2 hornets to not lot 20 withought me losing mine. It always starts me outside the mig. I have to hit F2 to cycle through all my planes. If I hit F1 to go into the cockpit it does nothing but I’m selected as player.