DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS - Page 103 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 05:20 PM   #1021
Greekbull

I got a PM reply from Capt Zeen it looks like something may have changed with DCS Bios or the Flight Panels because he is seeing the same result. Just wanted to update that in case anyone else runs into the issue.
i7 8700K @ 5.0Ghz I ASUS Maximus Hero X Z370 I 64GB G Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 I EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra Gaming I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM Warthog HOTAS I VPC Mongoose T-50 Stick Base I MFG Crosswind Pedals I 4K Curved 65" I TrackIR 5 W/ Wireless LukeClip
Greekbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 06:23 AM   #1022
Greekbull

Had a chance to test and somewhere in one of the DCS Bios updates the profile code must've been broken. I just installed the original DCS Bios update that had Capt Zeen's Radio additions and the full radio worked.

Was the issue of the large knobs only going one direction ever solved? If so would love to go to that version to get that functionality.
i7 8700K @ 5.0Ghz I ASUS Maximus Hero X Z370 I 64GB G Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200 I EVGA RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra Gaming I Samsung EVO 960 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD I TM Warthog HOTAS I VPC Mongoose T-50 Stick Base I MFG Crosswind Pedals I 4K Curved 65" I TrackIR 5 W/ Wireless LukeClip
Old 01-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #1023
BlackLibrary

the BIOS File form the Flightpanbel DCS-BIOS is based on the last verson from andrewW.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...25&postcount=1

i added to these the additon from CaptnZeen
and changed the standby Presure altimeter, because he only increase but not decrease.
if you not using this version. please try it.
link in my signature

aka WarLord
DCS-FlighPanel-Profiles
DCS-BIOS
DCSFlightpanels
BlackLibrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:28 PM   #1024
Greekbull

Thank you for the info. This is all a bit new to me so I want to make sure I get it right. To update I just want to grab most recent version of DCS Bios from Andrew W. Would that be the one in the page link that is from Nov? Or the one from a week ago in the DCS Bios link from your sig?

Also, which profile should I use with it? Sorry if those are bad questions. This has confused me some since there are so many downloads. The only one I've seen that specifically lists the F-18 add the one with Capt Zeen months ago. Thanks
Old 01-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #1025
BlackLibrary

i would say the from my sig link.
here i merged all. but i have never tested it, because i didnt own the hornet

aka WarLord
DCS-FlighPanel-Profiles
DCS-BIOS
DCSFlightpanels
BlackLibrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:59 PM   #1026
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLibrary View Post
i would say the from my sig link.
here i merged all. but i have never tested it, because i didnt own the hornet
Last weekend I tested extensively and it was working, I have the multi panel and 2 switch panel (on Amazon were only 44 euros so I took 2 of them), not yet the radio panel.
Also I would like to share my hornet profiles, but first I need to solve some issue with the formulas for which I asked capt seen help...I hope he is back home and can help us.
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti |SSDs | Virpil WarBrd + Hotas Warthog + Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | UTC MkII Pro + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Odyssey+
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:57 AM   #1027
Steve Gee

Just getting into the Saitek/Logitech panels, I didn't look through all 103 pages, but I found a Logitech tool to make sure the panels are at least connected and respond to switch movements, if anyone's interested and maybe doesn't have it:

Logitech Panel Tester

It's the Logitech Support site. Scroll down a bit, it's called "Flight Panels Test Software".
Old 01-20-2019, 10:40 PM   #1028
Tempest7

So I didn't read through all 130 pages, but could someone let me know if these panels:
https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/prod...tch-panel.html

act like any other HID or joystick where I could (presumably) map them to any buttons or switches or is there significant setup required to get it to work specifically with DCS?
Tempest7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:16 PM   #1029
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest7 View Post
So I didn't read through all 130 pages, but could someone let me know if these panels:

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/prod...tch-panel.html

act like any other HID or joystick where I could (presumably) map them to any buttons or switches or is there significant setup required to get it to work specifically with DCS?

No, they won’t show up in joystick control panel and dcs (or ant other sim) won’t see them. only fsx/p3d and xplane have official plugins.
However thanks to these wonderful program (dcs flight panels and dcs-bios), you will be able to use it also with dcs.
Setup is easy, programming also, just a bit time consuming
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti |SSDs | Virpil WarBrd + Hotas Warthog + Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | UTC MkII Pro + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Odyssey+
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:41 PM   #1030
Tempest7

Thanks that's helpful. I'll see if I want to make the leap for that then or wait until I finish the rest of my sim pit haha
Tempest7 is offline   Reply With Quote