CA Tomahawk use and placement

Silver_Dragon

• 3 months later...

Do these work AT ALL?

I select a target for the CG60, and he just sits there. I don't have the option to select type of weapon to fire, nothing.

I'm using a tactical commander, and have checked allow to control.

Does anyone actually have these working?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I just gave it a quick test. There is indeed no way to force any weapon type, but giving it an 'artillery' fire mission made my CG launch a single Tomahawk missile almost instantly. I figure weapon selection is mostly based on range, so perhaps it helps to move your target closer or farther away.

Combined arms is, quite frankly, feeling very useless right now.

My target is well within range of the Tomahawk (everywhere on the map is), I managed to get it to fire once at a point target (won't engage a building), but it unloaded its entire magazine onto a point on the ground in the middle of 4 tanks, and after every missile in the magazine the tanks were still undamaged. Doing exactly the same thing again (after restarting the mission) did nothing, then DCS crashed.

Edit: Further, the ship seems to do nothing that I command. Set path? Nope. Attack target? Nope. Something's bugged... And 2 CTDs in the 15 mins I've been trying to make this work.

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I can't even get a Reaper to engage. Loaded with hellfires, target a BMP, and he just turns around and heads to the nearest airport.

Ofcourse its been broken....

Confirmed, in MP clients cannot give any orders. Server host can give move waypoints and set the speed. You can select targets as the host, but all of the cruise missiles are fired on the first target. Frustrating as my lastest mission relies on cruise missile support *sigh*.