Tailwheel lock broken 2.5.2 OB - Page 2 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #11
MAD-MM
Member
 
MAD-MM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcomm View Post
Just installed the latest OB, from yesterday ( 20181019 ) which should be the same of 2.5 stable, and picked the 109 k-4 for a ride.

Looks OK to me!

As usual it is the only 109 I can taxi and takeoff with using proper RW techniques, so, it's just fine for me :-)

Is it absolutely Perfect ? probably not, but heck, it's a 40 buck add-on for a desktop flight simulator...


The 40 Bucks was fine before the new Ground Physics Patch, what means fine? There is simple no difference when you slip over the Ground with locked tail wheel or not? this was fine Before and notice able difference...
__________________
Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.


9./JG27
MAD-MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #12
jcomm
Senior Member
 
jcomm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD-MM View Post
The 40 Bucks was fine before the new Ground Physics Patch, what means fine? There is simple no difference when you slip over the Ground with locked tail wheel or not? this was fine Before and notice able difference...
Will test again MAD-MM, because it appeared to me that problem was gone when I tested it yesterday.

I did it from the default Caucasus takeoff Quick Mission. Didn't try at non-paved airfields in Normandy.
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #13
birdstrike
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcomm View Post
Will test again MAD-MM, because it appeared to me that problem was gone when I tested it yesterday.

I did it from the default Caucasus takeoff Quick Mission. Didn't try at non-paved airfields in Normandy.
first....its an easy test...just come in in a complete slipped attitude, and keep it during the touch down and even roll out....no problem now with magical physics.

second....there is and never was a difference between the concrete runways in caucasus and or normandy and the dirt fields in normandy. its the same ground with the same friction just with a different texture.
birdstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #14
jcomm
Senior Member
 
jcomm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdstrike View Post
first....its an easy test...just come in in a complete slipped attitude, and keep it during the touch down and even roll out....no problem now with magical physics.

second....there is and never was a difference between the concrete runways in caucasus and or normandy and the dirt fields in normandy. its the same ground with the same friction just with a different texture.
Oh well :-(

back to my new love then ….
__________________
----V----
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #15
SGT Coyle
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 499
Default

If I have just enough throttle to get moving and stay in motion, with the tail wheel locked, should I be able to turn by applying slight brake pressure to one side?
__________________
Implement CW and CCW keyboard commands for the encoders!!!!!
For all that is holy and right with the world please!
SGT Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #16
jcomm
Senior Member
 
jcomm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Coyle View Post
If I have just enough throttle to get moving and stay in motion, with the tail wheel locked, should I be able to turn by applying slight brake pressure to one side?
I suppose so, although it'll tend to slip a bit... Best it to unlock when you need to turn, and then use toe brakes.

In DCS the K-4 feels too lose. Even at full weight thrust is very effective and it accelerates wildly, so the use of sudden bursts of thrust to "make the rudder alive" like IRL can't really be applied easily and with the same effect they would have.
__________________
----V----
jcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.