[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

Good morning, it's 6:30 here and I'll have a look at this issue now...

After you made the backup, you could reset the internal database, this will remove ALL settings!!! There is a button in the service tab of SSA.

And then, try again...

Thank you F410! This has solved my problem. She shakes nicely now! :thumbup:

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Are you talking about a simshaker vibration bug or something?

If you are you talking about the shockwave dancing over the canopy when going supersonic, that seems realistic, details probably provided by Boeing. Speaking of which, I bet that shockwave comes with some vibrations in real life... I wonder what sim data you can use for that f4l0, the speed would change with altitude and atmospheric conditions...

Sorry to disappoint but when you go supersonic in a Fighter nothing changes in the cockpit the only way you know you are supersonic is because the ASI reads Mach 1 .

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Jetseat installation

I'm just re-attaching my Jetseat, and can't remember what I do with the sound input and output plugs. I'm using the G430 headset.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I'm just re-attaching my Jetseat, and can't remember what I do with the sound input and output plugs. I'm using the G430 headset.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

You just need the USB connector if you use SSA with DCS.

Hi chaps,

I uninstalled the release and am just using the SSA beta, but I keep getting pop ups when I boot up my pc asking to install the release. It's really quite annoying now, so does anyone know how to stop this? Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Just a note to say thanks.

I'm currently running v1.2 and as expected, very much adds to the feel whilst flying the F18.

Great job!

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Hi chaps,

I uninstalled the release and am just using the SSA beta, but I keep getting pop ups when I boot up my pc asking to install the release. It's really quite annoying now, so does anyone know how to stop this? Thanks

Please check if there is nothing left in your Windows autostart...

Just a note to say thanks.

I'm currently running v1.2 and as expected, very much adds to the feel whilst flying the F18.

Great job!

Thx :)

Never mind solved by reading other people in this thread who had the same problem!

Can you share the solution for others please Wolf?

I updated yesterday and it worked fine, after a reboot the software tried to connect and then nothing happens. I tried to run the clear online cache command but no difference

Arghh now the firmware has dropped again. Or at least no power light

No the powerlight is now flashing. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deleting the export LUA did not work for me. I also cleared my cache and even tried to use an old installer. Andres original software still works but using an old SSA installer just downloads latest version. Stuck here if anyone has any more suggestions?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deleting the export LUA did not work for me. I also cleared my cache and even tried to use an old installer. Andres original software still works but using an old SSA installer just downloads latest version. Stuck here if anyone has any more suggestions?

Did you try starting the app from it's install location? I posted the instruction in the first post of this thread

One idea for you.

On catapult take off for the F18c, in reality you're slammed in the back with some serious Gs, with the same in reverse on landing.

I don't believe that the Jetseat does anything special during those two activities. Would it be interesting to add something?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

One idea for you.

On catapult take off for the F18c, in reality you're slammed in the back with some serious Gs, with the same in reverse on landing.

I don't believe that the Jetseat does anything special during those two activities. Would it be interesting to add something?

Kinda hard for me to detect if one is on the carrier or not. DCS does not provide much information here. I've also problems to detect if a plane is sliding or the carrier is fast moving. The data looks identical for SSA. I've to figure out a smart way to tackle these issues...

Thought that might b the case.

Still, if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Does DCS output data on g loading and acceleration/deceleration in the horizontal plane? That might be useful if it exists.

Mr. f4IO,

Suddenly I have lost my SSA to the aircraft. I have the Jetseat and whenever I activate SSA and select the service tab to make sure I get the feeling through the seat, it works fine. But, now when I go into DCS and one of my A/C, I get no vibes from any of the modules. I have uninstalled the SSA version 1.2.0.0 and did the reinstall and still it does not work within DCS. I still get the "massage" from JetSeat massage or test page, and of course the correct activity if I select the service tab on SSA. Any suggestions on what I should do to regain the function of SSA within DCS? I've had this for so long, I really notice it if it is not working for me. Thanks for any advice.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Can you share the solution for others please Wolf?

I updated yesterday and it worked fine, after a reboot the software tried to connect and then nothing happens. I tried to run the clear online cache command but no difference

Arghh now the firmware has dropped again. Or at least no power light

No the powerlight is now flashing. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh sorry man I didnt see your post. Glad you solved the problem. For me it was a case of finding where SSA was actually located I think!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Mr. f4IO,

Suddenly I have lost my SSA to the aircraft. I have the Jetseat and whenever I activate SSA and select the service tab to make sure I get the feeling through the seat, it works fine. But, now when I go into DCS and one of my A/C, I get no vibes from any of the modules. I have uninstalled the SSA version 1.2.0.0 and did the reinstall and still it does not work within DCS. I still get the "massage" from JetSeat massage or test page, and of course the correct activity if I select the service tab on SSA. Any suggestions on what I should do to regain the function of SSA within DCS? I've had this for so long, I really notice it if it is not working for me. Thanks for any advice.

What did you do to solve this I have the same thing tonite no vibe in dcs but works in test mode

The usual trouble shooting tip is to check your export.lua. The easiest way is to make a backup of that file and remove it. SSA will create a new one...

The file is located in your saved games profile folder.

Hi

do you also run Viacom Pro? I have found that when Viacom updates the Export.lua it stops SSA from working. If I then move the simshaker lines to above the new viacom lines it all works again!

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

do you also run Viacom Pro? I have found that when Viacom updates the Export.lua it stops SSA from working. If I then move the simshaker lines to above the new viacom lines it all works again!

Neal

Ah interesting, maybe the VAICOM script do not return properly and thus SSA has no change to work...

A VAICOM user should mention this to the VAICOM devs...

I have had that before with an early version of VAICOM 2.5.2 and reported it in the VAICOM thread. Actually, Hollywood fixed it. Are you using the latest VAICOM version? If yes, the error might be back. I did not run VAICOM recently.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

f4l0 ,

Went to Scripts and located the Export.lua. Labeled it Export.old and moved it to my desktop. When starting SSA in both DCS and DCS Beta I still get no feedback from the JetSeat. I went back to the file you spoke of (Scripts) and it appears that the Export.lua was not recreated there. I'm pretty lost as to what is causing my problems with SSA not functioning within both DCS and DCS Beta. Is there an old install of SSA that will place me back to the old system that gave me all the nice JetSeat feedbacks? Have had this for so long I really am missing it now that it isn't working. Thank you so much for your help and the continue efforts you are providing to us as DCS continues to grow.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

f4l0 ,

Went to Scripts and located the Export.lua. Labeled it Export.old and moved it to my desktop. When starting SSA in both DCS and DCS Beta I still get no feedback from the JetSeat. I went back to the file you spoke of (Scripts) and it appears that the Export.lua was not recreated there. I'm pretty lost as to what is causing my problems with SSA not functioning within both DCS and DCS Beta. Is there an old install of SSA that will place me back to the old system that gave me all the nice JetSeat feedbacks? Have had this for so long I really am missing it now that it isn't working. Thank you so much for your help and the continue efforts you are providing to us as DCS continues to grow.

An older version will not help in this case... Something seems wrong with your setup...

could you please start SSA and check the logs in the service tab. There should be something like this:

18:54:03.623   ********** DCS World Public Release version folder found in Saved Games ********** 
18:54:03.638  DCS export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\olaf\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts
18:54:03.643  DCS export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\olaf\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
18:54:03.656  DCS export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\olaf\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

Otherwise, send me the old export.lua and I'll have a look.

An older version will not help in this case... Something seems wrong with your setup...

could you please start SSA and check the logs in the service tab. There should be something like this:

18:54:03.623   ********** DCS World Public Release version folder found in Saved Games ********** 
18:54:03.638  DCS export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\olaf\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts
18:54:03.643  DCS export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\olaf\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
18:54:03.656  DCS export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\olaf\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core

Otherwise, send me the old export.lua and I'll have a look.

Here is the old export.lua. As to logs, the only logs I have are dated back on 5-31-2018 at a time the SSA was working fine, so I see no reference to that in the logs.

Export.old.lua