how to TGP?

Niehorst

Hi,

I really need a little "how to" TGP. I know it's not fully functional yet, but I'm simply not able to use it to spot targets. Can anybody describe what buttons I need to lock a target and how to slew around? There is a youtube vid

(SU27 in a row) but that does not held me much.

Thanks mates!:thumbup:

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

Yes same here. After hours and hours of trying u still cannot slew TGP correctly.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

Slew it yes. But movements of TGP are very strange and i cannot point excatly where i wan to. Its very strange comared to A10C TGP ehre TGP moves smoothly and precisly.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

a step py step guide would be really nice!

let's say you start in nav-mode and can see a target area on the hud. what dou you have to do from now on..?

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

So far the best info I found was on the A1-AV8BB-TAC-000. A lot of the function of the pod work in DCS. Looking at the MPCD screen, the left side push buttons (PB) control zoom and if CCD or FLIR. Top row PB control the laser (not implemented AFAIN) Bottom row control the mode, including Area and point track, INR (not sure if it works) LSS (not sure it works). You can press PB 14 (TDC) to slew the pod with the other aircraft systems or you can press the Sensor Select Switch (SSS) down twice (<.8 sec) to turn the HTS mode on the pod MPCD. This allows for control with the HOTAS using TDC switch and SSS. But in the mode you will only move the pod and not the rest of the aircraft systems like the DMT.

I say get the RL manual, look at page 1-395 to 1-415, they explain better than I could plus there a lot of info there.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Slew it yes. But movements of TGP are very strange and i cannot point excatly where i wan to. Its very strange comared to A10C TGP ehre TGP moves smoothly and precisly.

Only thing I could think of is that your pod might be slaved to another system.

Check the bottom row of the TPOD and deselect "slave", by selecting any other mode, either AR/PT, INR or LSS.

a step py step guide would be really nice!

let's say you start in nav-mode and can see a target area on the hud. what dou you have to do from now on..?

MPCD: Menu, TPOD, STBY, SLEW, put the target in the box on the HUD, TDC slew in any direction to ground stabilize the TPOD.

Note that the TPOD is not fully integrated and the symbolics of the TPOD can clash with symbolics of other systems.

HTS mode seem to work. I can slew the pod now! :thumbup:

But how can I get a target lock? Or how do I get a marker of the TGP target on the hud? It only appears on hud while slewing the pod!

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

He can do it:

He has a marker on the hud after aiming those Flankers with his TGP

(9:40)

But he can slew the pod while it shows TDC on the right, wich I can't. (only works in HTS mode)

Or is that because of another version of the module? He flies over Nevada...

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

His TGP is in slaved mode, he can use his TGP to slew the other sensors to that target.

If I set my TGP to slave, everything gets screwed up.

I can't slew the TGP without it rubberbanding back into its starting position.

Even the DMT, or whatever the nosecam is called, I am only able to slew once, though the TGP slews to that position too. As soon as I click TDC down I can't slew it anyfurther without having to undesignate and try again.

In the video his TGP even shows STBY underlined at some point, yet he still has a picture.

Since this is an early access aircraft and the TGP section of the pocket guide is completely blank, I don't expect this to work right now and wouldn't spend to much time on this subject.

*EDIT* If I recall correctly, it was mentioned somewhere on the forum that they got access to DCS 2.3, which is a Dev-build, to make these videos.

Edited by El Bastardo

His TGP is in slaved mode, he can use his TGP to slew the other sensors to that target.

If I set my TGP to slave, everything gets screwed up.

I can't slew the TGP without it rubberbanding back into its starting position.

Even the DMT, or whatever the nosecam is called, I am only able to slew once, though the TGP slews to that position too. As soon as I click TDC down I can't slew it anyfurther without having to undesignate and try again.

In the video his TGP even shows STBY underlined at some point, yet he still has a picture.

Since this is an early access aircraft and the TGP section of the pocket guide is completely blank, I don't expect this to work right now and wouldn't spend to much time on this subject.

*EDIT* If I recall correctly, it was mentioned somewhere on the forum that they got access to DCS 2.3, which is a Dev-build, to make these videos.

Yeah, I think you're right mate!

It seems that nothing else but practicing STOL/VTOL makes sense at this point! But I'm sure RAZBAM will fix that all pretty soon.:thumbup:

NZXT H400i case

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

(TM F-18C ordered)

T.Flight USAF Headset

He can do it:

Actually he did not. Not as far as I can tell. He just CCIP the bombs. The marker was from the ARBS/DMT. The pod laser was safe and the pod in DATA mode which IIUC, does not provide targeting.

Edit,

My mistake, I thought you meant he guided the weapons with the TGP.

So far I notice that:

- The laser is not implemented.

- The SSS down does not select the pod as the main sensor.

- Pressing the push button next to TDC in the MPCD TGP page does not select the pod as the main sensor.

because of that, the pod can not slew the other system to the target. ( AFAIK, that is what it should do)

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Actually he did not. Not as far as I can tell. He just CCIP the bombs. The marker was from the ARBS/DMT. The pod laser was safe and the pod in DATA mode which IIUC, does not provide targeting.

Edit,

My mistake, I thought you meant he guided the weapons with the TGP.

So far I notice that:

- The laser is not implemented.

- The SSS down does not select the pod as the main sensor.

- Pressing the push button next to TDC in the MPCD TGP page does not select the pod as the main sensor.

because of that, the pod can not slew the other system to the target. ( AFAIK, that is what it should do)

I think you need to double-press the SSS down to select the TGP. At least that seems to make it work somewhat consistently for me.

how to TGP?

Tried all of this today myself. After reading all responses here I’m convinced it’s not “working” yet. I was able to get the TGP to designate an area on the ground but slewing was finicky and wasn’t performing to DCS standards like A10. I gave up after 30 minutes of multiple passes and just will work on basic flight for now.

Here’s a good challenge that I didn’t expect. Load out was two sidearms, two 65Ds, 3 12s, 3 82s, Tpod, guns.

Did a STOL takeoff of course. No wind.

Wow. I didn’t expect that. Definitely not an A10!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I think you need to double-press the SSS down to select the TGP. At least that seems to make it work somewhat consistently for me.

That activates the HTS mode.

From the pocket guide:

If the TPOD is loaded, it assigns the TDC to

the TPOD.

From the A1-AV8BB-TAC-000

If the TDC switch is pressed down, an aircraft designation is set. Movement

of the TDC affects the aircraft system designation and pod sensor slewing.

The HTS mode is entered

by double clicking the SSS−down in less than 0.8

second, which replaces the TDC or TDC legend

To whom it may concern,

I have tried every suggestion in this thread, and havent been able to move the TDC. The pod seems be stuck looking at one point on the ground and every time I try and move it, it snaps ack to where it is stuck. TDC underlined. Slave no longer under lined. tried to do HTS mode....nothing.

Also, I am forced to use an 8 way hat for the TDC just to get any kind of response. Despite the fact that I have the option to assign it to the mini stick on my throttle in axis assign in game (t16000). Please help!

Yeah I tried using ABRS but even than is mentiones u can sweeten mark(with tdc/tgp) but imputs/with TDC underscored in MFCD® but input for slew acts like it want to hop to a mark point or the current target point. Sry for vague explanantuion on my issues, and too many yrs being spoiled by the A-10C probably doesn't help :D Probably got some key's on my X52 mixed up also Sensor select an the tdc down maybe but Manual doesn't seem to clarify functions for me, to try an setup an practice targeting concepts/procedure etc. Maybe needs a dummy guide too tgp/TDC/ABRS operations be good :D

My view. The pod doesn’t work right now. It doesn’t lock anything up and I can’t lock up any ground targets for bombing. Jabbers YouTube vids were in NAVADA, so I’m guessing totally different plane at a dif stage of development there. We all love the way the a10c works but so far the sensors on this bird are non existent. It isn’t finished product by any means. Be patient it will get there eventually. I think I would be happy with an exact copy of the a10c setup.

I have tried every suggestion in this thread, and havent been able to move the TDC. The pod seems be stuck looking at one point on the ground and every time I try and move it, it snaps ack to where it is stuck. TDC underlined. Slave no longer under lined. tried to do HTS mode....nothing.

Had this yesterday. Try to press the "NWS /Unlock Target" button. After that I was able to slew around.

Also, I am forced to use an 8 way hat for the TDC just to get any kind of response. Despite the fact that I have the option to assign it to the mini stick on my throttle in axis assign in game (t16000). Please help!

I think I read somewhere that axis control for the TDC is not implemented yet, but I am not sure.

I7-9700K -- 32GB RAM -- RTX 4070 -- Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle + WarBRD Base -- Thrustmaster TPR -- Quest 3 

how to TGP?

I think I read somewhere that axis control for the TDC is not implemented yet, but I am not sure.

The RAZBAM pocket guide. I read that section last night. I don’t think it’s in the short TGP section. It was somewhere in the ARBS section.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Great find! Thanks.