[CLOSED] Slanted side view when using TiR in latest 1.5.4. OB.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TrackIR

OculusVR

Vive

Are the Only Supported Tracking API's

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

But Alas, I have enabled the issue w/ my TiR now.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I just updated the views.lua for the M2K, as per the TIR thread, but it made no difference. I also compared the file's contents to the to M2K file in OpenAlpha 2.0, before making the change, and they were identical.

I'm seeing, virtually :), the same problem in all the aircraft I've tested, Hip, M2K and A10c

[HTC Vive User]

Edited by ReggiePerrin

The Views Values Arent Corrupt, they are the Same Values Used previously,

We have internally Identified the Issue, please stand by.

Another to just say 'me too'.

It seems if I remember to keep TIR paused whenever I'm not in the pit I can stay even but things just get more and more cattywampus the more I leave and enter the pit with TIR enabled.

I too confirm this multiple pit entry problem and the TIR pause seems to help. After the problem kicks in it stays on. Some modules are not affected such as SU-25A, Mig-15, F-15C, for me at least. Tested with client and server both 1.5.4.54080

My fix for TrackIR issue

I rolled back to 1.5.3.52724 until we have a fix for those trackir bugs.

I have successfully fixed my TrackIR problem by doing the following:

Copy and paste default.lua

C:\ED\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\trackir

To:

C:\ED\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\trackir

Attached is the file:

[ATTACH]143010[/ATTACH]

Hope it works for you.

• Like 2

I have successfully fixed my TrackIR problem by doing the following:

Copy and paste default.lua

C:\ED\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\trackir

To:

C:\ED\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Default\trackir

Attached is the file:

[ATTACH]143010[/ATTACH]

Hope it works for you.

Thanks Catseye you can see what was changed and left out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually, the Controller names for the TrackIR Functions were changed.

The Rest of the stuff is not important,

all you need is the 6 TrackIR Commands.

Actually, the Controller names for the TrackIR Functions were changed.

Why?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why?

Updates to head tracking functions/features...

Eitherway, the issue isnt the controller itself,

But the Workaround to use the old controller works for me:

Opening:

/DCS WORLD/CONFIG/INPUT/AIRCRAFTS/DEFAULT/trackir/default.lua

and Changing it to the following Resolves the trackir having an offset:

return {
axisCommands = {
-- TrackIR axes
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_PITCH'}},	action = iCommandViewVerticalAbs	, name = _('Absolute Camera Vertical View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_YAW'}},  	action = iCommandViewHorizontalAbs		, name = _('Absolute Camera Horizontal View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_ROLL'}}, 	action = iCommandViewRollAbs		, name = _('Absolute Roll Shift Camera View')},

{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_X'}}, 		action = iCommandViewHorTransAbs		, name = _('Absolute Horizontal Shift Camera View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_Y'}}, 		action = iCommandViewVertTransAbs		, name = _('Absolute Vertical Shift Camera View')},
{combos = {{key = 'TRACKIR_Z'}}, 		action = iCommandViewLongitudeTransAbs		, name = _('Absolute Longitude Shift Camera View')},
{combos = nil, 	action = iCommandViewZoomAbs			, name = _('Zoom View')},
},
}

• Like 2

Updates to head tracking functions/features...

I am sorry, you lost me. How does an update to function or features require changing something that has no impact on functions or features, but will certainly be likely to break something?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am sorry, you lost me. How does an update to function or features require changing something that has no impact on functions or features, but will certainly be likely to break something?

A. It's a Beta, Things Change will break others, the Change in Controller for TrackIR isnt the source of the problem.

B. Updating the Controller and Input Controllers for Tracking will maybe allow One Controller to work for all tracking devices (OR, HTC, TIR, etc etc), I Dont know, I just know the controllers are different in the LUA's and I wasnt affected as I had a Custom LUA that wasn't overwritten. Once I Wiped both my OB Folder and /Saved Games/.OpenBeta Folder I saw what everyone else did.

C. The issue w/ Slanted views effects Oculus/Vive as well as TiR.