SimVibe by SimeExperiance, tactile transducer software.

It's been a while since I posted anything here, but I have been lost to race sims the past years.

Last weekend there was a release of a, for us racedrivers with buttkickers (tactile transducers), very interesting software called SimVibe.

This software is used with a buttkicker to create tactile effects like engine rpm, bumps, road texture, gearshifts from the data output instead of the actual sound from the sim.

This means that the effects can be felt very clearly without any distortion from other sounds and you can yourself tweak the settings to suit your simrig.

I must say I'm blown away by this software and the ease to work with it.

The software is used by their high end race sim rigs, but suited to use the soundcard as output instead of driving actuators.

This means that you can use an ordinary amplifier and buy some rather cheap transducers and hook up to 8... of them to your rig and have bi-directional effects.

The games/sims that is supported right now is mostly race sims, but there is one exception.... X-planes 10.

Now I know there are quite a few flight guys that might be interested of this. The feeling of the kicker loosing it's umph due to that you are looking

sideways , thus the sound frequency changing, is well known.

The problem I had to get any effect on the GAU-8 on FC was just irritating as the sound was located just wrong.

With this software you can set what you want to be felt and the data output will provide it.

I have high hope that if enough people would request the support for the DCS series we might get it.

I'm releasing a review on SimHQ mid next week.

Please look at Simxperience site if you are interested.

http://www.simxperience.com/Products/SimVibe/SimVibeSoftware.aspx

Edited by CoNa

Oh, that could be cool, it looks like the software is using the forcefeedback output to drive the transducer. That means no more vibrations from all kinds of external sounds and radio communications, just vibrations originating from the aircraft.

I wonder if there is any contact between ED and the Simexperience guys?

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

This sounds great, if it will work in DCS I am going to have to get it!

+1 great idea, sadly not really into racing sims, but if it works with flight sims, DCS, FSX or Rise of Flight, then I think it will become a must buy. Look forward to the review.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Great idea! It is in fact already out there and working in an existing product. Basically the concept you are outlining is ivibe's main concept. Data driven from the sim not from sound. It was created in answer to the lameness of "audio only" driven subwoofer systems. Of course Ivibe has a seat cushion with 6 industrial strength FFB transducers, zoned positional based FFB and pretty much all the features described in the original post. It already supports DCS titles, FC2 and many other racing and flight sim titles. www.ivibe.com.

Glad that BK finally has a solution that offers something besides audio driven shaking.

Out

I talked to them about getting it in to DCS and offered to do some of the interfacing from the DCS side. One thing that concerns them, as well it should and its an ongoing issue is the lack of any proper api in DCS.

You have to modify the exports to get the data. Not only that you have to play nicely with the other things that do it, helios, sioc, tars....? There is no consistent state or set of rules how different apps use that file.

I guess what we have is acceptable when we dont have an alternative and we are willing to hack about and hand code a change if it breaks. I completely understand the support issues that this would cause a company selling the product.

• 3 years later...
So is it ready by now ?! :D

high G turn vibration would be awsome. We already get some from the bass in the sound of it.

Try the SimShaker software.

It supports a lot of effects in DCS for ButtKicker via sound card.

It also supports some racing sims.

Look in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144060&page=62

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use