Reputation System

NineLine

Just one other point that occurred to me. New player/ forum members will see rep and be more inclined to follow any guidance or tips they see posted. This forum is full of duff information and without some reference to others views new folk will be hard pressed to garner legit help. All they will see is post counts which mean diddlysquat :doh:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one other point that occurred to me. New player/ forum members will see rep and be more inclined to follow any guidance or tips they see posted. This forum is full of duff information and without some reference to others views new folk will be hard pressed to garner legit help. All they will see is post counts which mean diddlysquat :doh:

+1 rep

Quantity over Quality ... not a good metric

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Yes, if we bring in a new system down the road, I would prefer it would be only for positive voting, and no commenting.

Yes please :)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I highly appreciate that its gone.

I got almost all of my reputation by uploading some screenshots but never for trying to give useful or helpful comments. And at the same time I often saw how people were voted into the ground for having an unpleasant view on something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

I did talk to our web guy about options, and that when the forum is upgraded

The web guy could change (add) some other forum skin...

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I liked the rep system but can understand ED's decision to remove it. Maybe in the future it can be brought back with the ability to report offensive rep comments directly to the mods, or preferably remove comments completely and have only green rep allowed

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

You know these pictures of North Korean generals each wearing like 35 giant medals? That's how it feels to have high reputation :D

I don't miss it too much, but it's still a nice feature to have when you want to say a quick thanks, so perhaps a revamp to allow positive points at least would be nice.

Cool, I think that rep system could bias people's behavior for points.

Can you disable the visitor message board in profiles as well ? Unlike the (old) rep, the messages are public and they can't be edited or deleted by the profile's owner. That's much more dangerous.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

• ED Team
Cool, I think that rep system could bias people's behavior for points.

Can you disable the visitor message board in profiles as well ? Unlike the (old) rep, the messages are public and they can't be edited or deleted by the profile's owner. That's much more dangerous.

go into your cp and options.

you should see visitor messaging and then disable it

https://forums.eagle.ru/profile.php?do=editoptions

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think all systems are open to abuse, i also have never really liked the rep system as well. If people like/dislike your post or contribution they should make a post and tell you - that way all is exposed for all to see. And if some idiot wants to abuse the system then the moderators, like they have always done, can act accordingly. A positive rep system with no commenting would surely be a way to go. But what gets up my goat is the seniority system ( Is it a system or something that this forum automatically generates ?), it seems a bit illogical that a member who joined in say 2007 is just a "Member" , but someone who joined in 2017 and has posted thousands of times is a "Senior Member", or is there any other reason for this ?

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Since there is no way to handle this via rep, I'm forced to respond with a new post. ;)

If people like/dislike your post or contribution they should make a post and tell you - that way all is exposed for all to see.

Well that possibility has always been there. Just respond "+1" and that's that.

But why should we do that? Is there any particular reason that people shouldn't also have a way to say that in private?

[...] it seems a bit illogical that a member who joined in say 2007 is just a "Member" , but someone who joined in 2017 and has posted thousands of times is a "Senior Member", or is there any other reason for this ?

As I understand it, it's strictly about the number of posts that a member has made.

Is it more of an achievement to be a member for 10 years, or is it more of an achievement to have made a thousand posts? Since the answer is probably going to be "it depends", I tend to agree that the number of posts is a bit more tangible than the join date in regards to "seniority" (gosh even typing that word makes me feel old :D).

Is there any particular reason that people shouldn't also have a way to say that in private?

There is the PM system still :music_whistling:.

Thanks for your thoughts Yurgon. :thumbup:

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

There is the PM system still :music_whistling:.

How about the "NO DISCUSSION OR COMMENT" threads?

I don't feel like PM'ing half of the regular contributors every couple of days saying "that was a nice screenshot you posted there" or "thanks for sharing that awesome video with us!".

The rep system was e very welcome way to quickly say "thanks", and I didn't even need to include a link to the post in question because the forum automatically did that for me. :thumbup:

I don't feel like PM'ing half of the regular contributors every couple of days saying "that was a nice screenshot you posted there" or "thanks for sharing that awesome video with us!".

The rep system was e very welcome way to quickly say "thanks", and I didn't even need to include a link to the post in question because the forum automatically did that for me. :thumbup:

+1

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

+1 :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss