What is an Ammunition Truck? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-21-2016, 01:02 AM   #21
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teschmacher View Post
so, placing a couple of those trucks near S300 and/or Patriot SAM sites will be feeding them with infinite ammo?

if so, that's very wrong..
Ground vehicles and ships don't have complex loadout systems in the same way that aircraft do. Its in a similar vein that the gun ammo for aircraft isn't currently tracked at all. Part of it is down to the sheer scale of it and part down to the game simply hasn't expanded the resource management a whole lot since it was first introduced.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:14 AM   #22
DTS_Maton

well i did manage to get the m1 to rearm
after reading the dcs user manual i found some stuff over linking the depots/warehouses to an airport
the i let the truck drive from the depot to the artillery where i also drove myself with the M1
finally reloading started

but i must say it would be a great idea if there were some Combat Arms video,s about doing everything
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_160417_205931.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	139248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_160417_205922.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	139249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_160417_205743.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	139250  

DTS_Maton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #23
Lunatic98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Ground vehicles and ships don't have complex loadout systems in the same way that aircraft do. Its in a similar vein that the gun ammo for aircraft isn't currently tracked at all. Part of it is down to the sheer scale of it and part down to the game simply hasn't expanded the resource management a whole lot since it was first introduced.
Hmm I reckon once the more important stuff (map merging, blah blah blah) has been finished maybe the resource system could be expanded? I for one would like to see the ability for certain objects to have the whole supplier or warehouse thing added to them, with constraints for how much or what munitions they can carry, but that is one probably for the wishlist thread...
PC Specs: AMD FX-6300, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2x4GB) Sapphire Radeon 7870XT, Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Saitek X52 Pro, Track IR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Modules I own: AJS-37, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, MiG-15Bis, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, A-10C, UH-1H, FC3, Hawk, C-101, P-51D
Lunatic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:02 AM   #24
DTS_Maton

i think that is already possible but i havent read everything
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...documentation/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafdruk van 2016-04-25 08:59:43.png
Views:	241
Size:	277.0 KB
ID:	139397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafdruk van 2016-04-25 08:59:57.png
Views:	191
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	139398  
DTS_Maton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #25
Shaman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Ok, so here is a quick summary of how re-arming works now...

AI are now required to be near a warehouse in order to re-arm.
- Warehouses are friendly airbases, farps, warehouse static objects, or specific unarmed vehicles.
- Like before each warehouse has a different radius that their power extends to. I believe the numbers are unchanged.
Is somewhere a list of specific objects static or active unarmed and their 'maintenance' radius?

Which active unarmed trucks specifically? Do same but static object trucks also provide with ammunition?

Thank you for summary, but still these are frequent questions pity these features are not obviously displayed through mission editor interface..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

:: Shaman aka Shamansky
tail# 44 (RU) or 444 (US)

Last edited by Shaman; 04-27-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:25 AM   #26
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamandgg View Post
Is somewhere a list of specific objects static or active unarmed and their 'maintenance' radius?

Which active unarmed trucks specifically? Do same but static object trucks also provide with ammunition?
Airbase radius 2000m. It is the circle you see in the mission editor which also can dictate ownership if a ground vehicle enters the zone for a neutral airbase. For enemy airbases all enemy forces inside the circle must be destroyed to capture it.

FARP, warehouses (anything in warehouse static object category), and "warehouse" ground units radius appears to be 200m.

Ground units that can rearm other ground units: KAMAZ-43101, Ural-375, Ural-375 PBU, Ural-4320-31, Ural 4320T, Gaz-3308, Gaz-66, M818. If placed as static objects they can also be used to rearm ground forces.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:54 AM   #27
Shaman
Veteran

Grimes, thank you again. So just to be sure, from 'western trucks' only M818 is capable to rearm while we have few selection of eastern made trucks.

Some additional questions I couldn't find answers for :

Do one truck contain unlimited ammo for its coalition?
Can one truck rearm multiple units at single time.
And will unit quantity for ammo delivering or receiving side speed up or slow down rearm process?

:: Shaman aka Shamansky
tail# 44 (RU) or 444 (US)
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:24 AM   #28
Grimes
ED Testers Team

To my knowledge the country tech doesn't play into rearming vehicles. So if you had a Georgian Gaz-66 on Blue then US forces on blue can also rearm from it no problem. Its just right now the US/European trucks aren't well covered in terms of models, eventually that might change.

To answer your questions: yes, yes, and I don't think so. Basically ground vehicle ammo isn't stored as an entity like weapons, fuel, or aircraft are within the warehouse system. The units that get reloaded simply have to be within a given radius. However the amount and type of ammo that a specific unit needs does influence how long it takes to rearm it. Though that depends on the rules for how that specific weapon type gets rearmed. Most weapons on AI get rearmed shell by shell so the rearm time required scales up the more shells that are needed. See post 13 from this thread for a little more info on how that works. For example if you start to rearm a Tunguska it will always take a set period of time to rearm the guns, but to rearm the missiles it takes 134 seconds per missile.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:41 PM   #29
Apocalypse31

Was playing in an M1A2 last night

AP was replenishing fine, but HE was inconsistent.

Some other questions -
I pulled my tank up to the 818 and sat there but didnt see anything. Does a player have to abandon the vehicle for this to work?

We could really use some more refinement on this process, like a text note or something in the UI letting us know that the process is occurring. Steel Beasts has it worked out nicely.

Last edited by Apocalypse31; 05-09-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Apocalypse31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #30
Teschmacher

ehh some day we gonna have appropriate ammo trucks with a menu in the mission editor where we can set the cargo load of specific ammunition (in a realistic manner such a vehicle can transport of course.) .. some day

My custom made aircraft skins for DCS

WIN10 x64 / 32 Gb RAM DDR4 / i7-7820X / NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti
Teschmacher is offline   Reply With Quote