What is an Ammunition Truck? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #11
Wrecking Crew

I have not tested this with the Blue side. I'll look at those vehicles to compare to the Red MSTAs and Ural-375.

All of my testing is in multiplayer in the Paradise mission on the Hollo Pointe server.

4000 seconds seems like the default rearm time if no resupply truck, etc. is available. But sitting next to a (Blue?) FARP with an M818 should work, I'd think...

WC
Wrecking Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:09 AM   #12
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Ok, so here is a quick summary of how re-arming works now...

AI are now required to be near a warehouse in order to re-arm.
- Warehouses are friendly airbases, farps, warehouse static objects, or specific unarmed vehicles.
- Like before each warehouse has a different radius that their power extends to. I believe the numbers are unchanged.

Re-arming is no longer instant.
- Re-arming takes time to accomplish. Ground vehicles cannot move or attack when they are being re-armed. Players with CA control can interrupt this process, but AI by themselves cannot.
- Different weapons get re-armed at different rates.

There are 3 types of re-arming.
1. Complete ammo replenishment. (Automatic gun belts, mortar)
2. Ammunition items added one by one (missile launchers and AP/HE rounds)
3. Several items added simultaneously (SA-15 Gauntlet, 4 missiles pack)

For reference the old system had AI re-arm automatically after either 30 or 60 minutes. Only sam sites were re-armed completely. All other combat vehicles were re-armed with a portion of the ammunition. Say an artillery piece had 30 rounds to start, they would automatically re-arm an hour after they ran out and would get 10 or so rounds. If vehicles, other than sams, were near a warehouse they would have infinite ammo, and ammo was replenished instantly. Sam sites didn't follow this infinite ammo behavior and they were mostly re-armed at 30 minute intervals.

Re: M109. It appears to be the odd one out in terms of behavior. It has the longest rearm time of all howitzers and it has the slowest fire rate once it has expended the first 14 shells. Its re-arm doesn't seem to be calculated the same as other howitzers. It takes somewhere between 4000 and 7000 seconds to re-arm it. In comparison the longest Russian howitzer re-arm time is about 1500 seconds for the Msta... So yeah, thats a bug I think.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #13
Galwran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post

Re: M109. It appears to be the odd one out in terms of behavior. It has the longest rearm time of all howitzers and it has the slowest fire rate once it has expended the first 14 shells. Its re-arm doesn't seem to be calculated the same as other howitzers. It takes somewhere between 4000 and 7000 seconds to re-arm it. In comparison the longest Russian howitzer re-arm time is about 1500 seconds for the Msta... So yeah, thats a bug I think.
Excellent post, thanks.
Galwran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #14
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
Excellent post, thanks.
+1

Thanks Grimes, good to know how this works now.
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:25 PM   #15
DieHard

(re: Message #13)

+1

Thanks
Old 08-12-2015, 03:14 AM   #16
pepin1234

I cant rearm in Multiplayer with the rearming truck.

Tor Air-defense keep saying: rearming in 1s, or Shilka: depleted
pepin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #17
DTS_Maton

i can,t get the M1 to rearm both to a warehouse ( ammunition)or an M818 where i basicly parked inside !
any idea,s?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_160416_163254.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	138691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen_160416_163057.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	475.9 KB
ID:	138692  
DTS_Maton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:27 PM   #18
Wrecking Crew

The M1-A2 definitely needs some lovin'.

WC
Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #19
Teschmacher

are the Ural-375 and M-818 carrying an infinite number of ammo inside their cargo?

it seems there is no where to set the amount of cargo for none of them, and less the type of ammo they are transporting...

so, placing a couple of those trucks near S300 and/or Patriot SAM sites will be feeding them with infinite ammo?

if so, that's very wrong..

My custom made aircraft skins for DCS

WIN10 x64 / 32 Gb RAM DDR4 / i7-7820X / NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti

Last edited by Teschmacher; 04-20-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Teschmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:37 AM   #20
Wrecking Crew

As far as I understand, Yes. But it takes so bloomin' long for the bigger units to rearm it's like the truck driver could have driven back to base, loaded up, spent the night in town, and returned the next day before the rearm actually happens.

WC
Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.