DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

5 hours ago, tomeye said:

Hi HomeFries, I noticed in m-2000 the IFF/NWS and Master Caution button no longer operate.

I could be wrong but I think this happened after recent DCS patch. 

Both should be fixed in 2.55.  If not, what HOTAS are you using?

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Both should be fixed in 2.55.  If not, what HOTAS are you using?

I was trying to update but I missed your version.txt trick. Now it works, thanks for your great work!

My wish is to release the mic-switch so it can be solely used for discord/voice attack/srs.

Hi,

I am (re)familiarizing with AV-8B Harrier and the TPOD

The way to use TPOD seems to have changed significantly in a recent udate and looks like one essential point is to be able to do a rapid double SENSOR SL SW Down  to switch from HUD DES (or MAP DES) to TPOD DES

I have tried but instead, it switches immediatly to INS TV screen 

Anybody is able to use this double SENSOR SL SW Down using Harrier profile (Cougar) ?

Bye

Edit : well ... after additonnal tries, I have a doubt now if this new way to use TPOD is really present on Stable DCS version I am using or if in Beta. But I saw videos dated on November that explained this and there were one or two stable versions since, so it should be ... but as I can't really use the SENSOR SL SW new functionnalities (short/long left or up, etc ...) I admit I have a doubt that it could probably me

Edited by Oiz0

On 2/13/2021 at 12:47 PM, Mower said:

I am finding that when I run a TARGET script/profile in DCS the flight warthog stick is not being seen at all.

If all is working properly, the Thrustmaster peripherals that are called in the TARGET profile should disappear and be replaced by a "Thrustmaster Combined" device (Thrustmaster Root if you're using an Admin account).  Sometimes the Warthog stick and throttle will still show if the Microsoft Store is in RAM, but this is not a desirable outcome.

Unless you're referring to a stick going stupid when the profile loads, in which case you should stop the profile, unplug/replug the stick in the USB port, and re-run the profile.  I get that occasionally and I attribute that to the USB hub.

Edited by Home Fries
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 2:16 PM, Home Fries said:

Unless you're referring to a stick going stupid when the profile loads, in which case you should stop the profile, unplug/replug the stick in the USB port, and re-run the profile.  I get that occasionally and I attribute that to the USB hub.

I experience that problem with my usb hub, too. Kind of annoying.

But your CTS is awesome🤙

• Thanks 1

Darkstar: Merged

Any idea what this error means?

Runtime Error: Index out of bounds for: keyalloc in ActKey ( line 83 in target.tmh )Aborting script (check output above for reason)...
Script stopped!

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:56 PM, Home Fries said:

Hmm.  It's calling the TARGET header file in the error, so it's difficult to say.  Can you duplicate the error using the same module/key command?

isnt the target.tmh file something I do not touch?  Because I never altered anything in it.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

2 hours ago, Mower said:

isnt the target.tmh file something I do not touch?  Because I never altered anything in it.

True, which is why calling it may point to something else.  It's why I was asking if the issue could be duplicated.

12 hours ago, RedeyeStorm said:

I am getting an error that the server is not available. First time install for me so no conflict with old install. Cleared it through  the firewall and ran the program as administrator but no joy either. Any help welcome.

Someone else reported that they were blocked from the UK, but were successful with a VPN using a Seattle IP.  I won't have time to check the firewall settings for some time (it's a new system that was an emergency replacement of the old one), so you may wish to try this.  If you are using a USA-based IP and it still doesn't work, please let me know.

In my case, it was a dns resolution problem. My ISP's DNS server does not resolve blackveal.tplinkdns.com.
My solution was to replace the dns server ip on the pc with one of the google dns servers, 8.8.8.8. Now my pc can resolve blackveal.tplinkdns.com and the updater is working.

• Thanks 2

i9-9900K - 20080TI - Pimax 5K+

I can't get the updater (normal or full) to work, nor can I get a full reinstallation to complete. At some point during the downloads, it just freezes and eventually crashes Windows (freezes, requires hard reboot). I have tried a fresh download of the latest installer, as well as the verstion.txt on page one of this thread. Neither works. 

After trying the full installation, and hard reboot of the system, I was able to launch CTS, which prompted to open the setup guide, as if it was the first time running CTS. Just to be sure, I ran an update, but it crashed again.

Edited by Rangoon

@karika

On 3/2/2021 at 9:02 AM, karika said:

In my case, it was a dns resolution problem. My ISP's DNS server does not resolve blackveal.tplinkdns.com.
My solution was to replace the dns server ip on the pc with one of the google dns servers, 8.8.8.8. Now my pc can resolve blackveal.tplinkdns.com and the updater is working.

Worked like a charm thanks.

Is there a version greater than 2.530?  I'm having issues running the updater.

Thanks!

<edit>  Never mind.  I found the version.txt instructions.  Everything is working now. Thanks!

Edited by EvilTodd

Hi Folks,

I'm having an issue with the boat switch on the AV8B (I have the TM Warthog) .  I just did a full install of CTS.  When I load the AV9B profile and rock the china hat switch, the virtual button press keeps looping.  The only way I found to stop it is to unplug the joystick.  Here's a shot of the event tester after I moved the switch forward and back.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?  This china hat switch behavior doesn't happen with other CTS profiles.  Thank you!

image.png

image.png

Edited by EvilTodd
Correct the switch