Multi-Monitor Issues

I've recently got a secondary monitor with a view to using it for MFDs etc, in DCS. Unfortunately I'm running into some issues which I've not been able to find answers for in my searching both on these forums and elsewhere.

My main monitor is 3840x2160 res, the secondary is 1920x1080 located to the left in line with the bottom of the main monitor.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2MFD Screen2');
Description = '2xMFD on Second Monitor'
Viewports = 
{
   Center =
   {
       x = 1921;
       y = 0;
       width = 3840;
       height = screen.height;
       viewDx = 0;
       viewDy = 0;
       aspect = 1.77;
   }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
   x = 0;
   y = 1141;
   width = 960;
   height = 960;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
   x = 961;
   y = 1141;
   width = 960;
   height = 960;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

This is the monitor setup file I've mostly been trying. This correctly locates the main monitor display so I get the game menu on the appropriate monitor, but am unable to click any of the buttons (no highlight on hovering over the buttons, nor any response from clicking elsewhere.

I can 'fix' this by setting up the secondary monitor to appear on the right with an appropriately modified lua file as below.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('2MFD Screen2right');
Description = '2xMFD on Second Monitor'
Viewports = 
{
   Center =
   {
       x = 0;
       y = 0;
       width = 3840;
       height = screen.height;
       viewDx = 0;
       viewDy = 0;
       aspect = 1.77;
   }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
   x = 3841;
   y = 1141;
   width = 960;
   height = 960;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
   x = 4801;
   y = 1141;
   width = 960;
   height = 960;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

While that makes things playable I then run into the issue that the UI scaling when in this multi-monitor mode enlarges everything much more than it does with UI scaling enabled on just the 2160p screen, to the point where some menus extend off the edges of the screen. In all cases I'm setting the game resolution to 5760x2160 with fullscreen disabled of course.

As such I have two questions:

Is there a better way to go about doing multi-monitor to allow me to have the second monitor set up correctly in windows?

Is there a way to modify the degree of UI scaling to fix that issue?

The Nvidia control panel allows for scaling of the screen as a whole, but that's reducing the resolution. The in-game option scales only the user interface leaving the render resolution intact which is an important distinction. What I'm wondering is whether there is a scale factor somewhere in a config file I can modify to alter the degree of scaling applied