HUey Control - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 11:12 PM   #1
Backdraft

Default HUey Control

HI all new Huey guy here, been reading about controls last day or so, but still cant seem to find what is the sweet spot to hover for huey. I have heard use a curve or use saturation but what is that?? and what do I do. I have thrustmaster 16000m stick HOtas and CH pedals. Please help.

thanks.
BAckdraft
Backdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:04 AM   #2
ricktoberfest

In the controls menu, select the axis to modify, select the button to edit or modify axis and it will come up with a graph of the axis. You can then add a curve to that graph (I like 15 to 25 for main x and y axis and 40 for rudders) that makes the axis a little less sensitive around the center of that axis but still allows full movement of the axis.

If you reduce saturation on that same graph it limits the amount of input the axis sees so you don’t over control.

I don’t find saturation that helpful but the curves are almost necessary unless you have a full size Huey control stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricktoberfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:18 AM   #3
rephiled

Not sure if this helps but, I had curve set to 25 on stick then read some were not to use curve or dead zone so, I put them back to no curves I can now get in rudimentary hover only a foot movement left or right
rephiled is offline   Reply With Quote