wandering slew :)

oh dear not my day today I think,

I have a wandering slew problem since last update, I have tried repair and its still there.

basically I slew to target and all of a sudden the reticule develops a mind of its own, itl just slew around/down by itself, if you try and take control you can but its trying to for example go down, and your fighting to get it up......ok no laughter there :lol:

even if I reset, itl do it again, maybe not straight away but it will do it.

now I have had and flew the shark for ages so I know how to target, but never had this before,

its with vhikrs

Yeah, I've seen it too, and I'm still on the second last patch (not at home, and don't remember it's number). Quite annoying I must say.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

yep, there's no reason you can say its going to do it, not like oh activate laser and itl go wild, it seems like itl do it randomly or not at all, but once it does start you might as well restart the mission, its a pretty big bug and game killer, sorry to say I'm glad its not just me :)

I have also noticed recently that the flight controls will lock, so you cannot move the stick at all, itl happen again randomly for around 10-15 seconds?

this never used to happen so seems like a bug been brought in somewhere

Edited by thrustvector

I have also noticed recently that the flight controls will lock, so you cannot move the stick at all, itl happen again randomly for around 10-15 seconds?

This never happened to me, though. Yet. Don't fly in 2.5 that often so it might only be a matter of time.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I think this has been a thing since the introduction of BS2. It has something to do with the laser. If you turn your laser off and uncage Shkval, it will stay, if your laser is on and do the same thing. Once in a while it will wonder off, maybe due to gyro in the laser stabilization or something, who knows... I generally keep my laser off until I'm ready to fire, and I've had no more problems with it.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

The thing is that it's a big difference between 1.5.7 (basically nonexistent) and 2.5 (frequent). At least it is for me, no difference in handling from a pilot point of view.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

oh dear not my day today I think,

I have a wandering slew problem since last update, I have tried repair and its still there.

basically I slew to target and all of a sudden the reticule develops a mind of its own, itl just slew around/down by itself, if you try and take control you can but its trying to for example go down, and your fighting to get it up......ok no laughter there :lol:

even if I reset, itl do it again, maybe not straight away but it will do it.

now I have had and flew the shark for ages so I know how to target, but never had this before,

its with vhikrs

#Me too. makes me not want to fly it anymore.

i know exactly how you feel, I used to love this module, but now its almost like wasted money if it does not work, as it happens in virtually all games.

I'm surprised that it seems like it cant be fixed or cant be bothered to fix, don't know which.

it really cant be difficult to replicate as so many have the problem

This happens when the laser stops firing and the range is being calculated by the INU. For example, if you range a target that's like 7km away, and you slew the Shkval a little bit to the right and the range drops to 3km, the Shkval will start slewing down since it will think the target is much closer than it really is and will compensate for the wrong ranging at current closure rate.

Also, sometimes this happens even if you don't slew the Shkval after you lase. If you're flying erratically with lots of speed/altitude changes, the INU will miscalculate the distance to target and the Shkval will start drifting away from it.

I don't know if this is the correct behavior IRL but that's how it's been working since BS2 got released.

yep same here, does not happen every flight, but it seems to lock for what 15 seconds?

thing that gets me is the shark was the first module? and we are still having problems which it seems like are not going to be fixed, it must be replicable not just the consumers pcs

I took the Ka-50 over Vegas and could lock onto anything out there. Shkval behaved as usual.

hmmm ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 3 weeks later...

changed controller to Belkin-n52te

I've been flying BS2 for a short time now and at first I had problems with

the shkval slew sticking and not moving where I wanted it to go.

This was with the slew control mapped to a joystick hat switch (logitec extreme pro 3D). Yes that's right I was flying with two joysticks, I am not exactly Mr. big bucks.

I changed my weapons control device from a joystick to an old Belkin-n52te and now my shkval slew control is as smooth as butter.

The n52te has a polling rate selector for speed of 125hz to 1000hz.

I have mine set at 125hz.

I don't know if this polling really has any effect but since I changed my weapons control to the n52te it's been no problems with weapons control.

It's my flying that's not up to spec at this time yo.

I am really loving this shark and can't wait to create a battle for an oil refinery against some nasty western imperialists.

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

Been flying the shark since it was released, I also get the wanderinf flew sometimes

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests