VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #21
epolta

Hollywood.
Jumped into A-10C with no issues on all three radios, but when I tried to cold start the F-5 I'm getting an error in VA Log: "UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN. PLUGIN NOT VALID FOR THIS VERSION OF VOICEATTACK.
Any ideas?
epolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #22
Hollywood_315

@epolta You'll see this error when you switch profiles, so it could be caused by that.
VAICOM PRO works with just one profile and switching in a session is not needed.
Select the correct profile i.e.' VAICOM PRO for DCS World' and restart VA.
Then it should function normally again. PM me if somehow that doesn't fix it.
Thanks

[EDIT] SOLVED: caused by profile switching

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World:
www.vaicompro.com

Last edited by Hollywood_315; 12-30-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 05:57 PM   #23
epolta

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
@epolta You'll see this error when you switch profiles, so it could be caused by that.
VAICOM PRO works with just one profile and switching in a session is not needed.
Select the correct profile i.e.' VAICOM PRO for DCS World' and restart VA.
Then it should function normally again. PM me if somehow that doesn't fix it.
Thanks
That was it.. Jumped into an old profile to export a few of my custom commands and that messed it up. Restart worked as advertised. So Far this is much better at recognizing my commands and much "snappier".

when I went through the training mode following your excellent instructions I noticed windows offering "solutions" to my spoken command with both caps and lowercase word suggestions. like, "Two Engage" or "two engage". This seemed to interrupt my success rate being recognized by Vaicom. Is this normal or a windows "feature" that I can disable ??

thanks!
Old 12-20-2017, 07:02 PM   #24
=Buckeye=

I'm trying to figure out how (or even "if") I should set up my PTT configuration for "Easy Comms Off"...every jet I fly has different mappings for usage of the radio mic switch; how are others handling this? To date, with the previous VIACOM, I've always just used Easy Comms On and used a Common PTT for VA...I have also pretty much only flown the F-15, so it's been ultra simple.

Here is what I would find some flight manuals for the jets I intend to fly in the foreseeable future:

It also doesn't help that I don't even know what "UHF 1 and 2" or "COMM 1 and 2" radios are used for.

Just looking to find the best way to simplify things down to be used the same way with all modules, if possible.

edit: I should also note that I will be using this in tandem with SRS for Radio Comms, if that could be leveraged to make things easier
edit2: As I've read further along in the manual it seems like VAICOM should take care of it for me...I can just run Easy Comms "On" and use TX 1, TX 2, and TX3 -- this should be close enough to real life for me, and will remove the nuance of having to remember different PTT setups for different jets. I actually use the Mic Switch Fwd for VR Zoom and the Mic Switch Push In is my TeamSpeak PTT, so this should work out for me.

On Order:
Custom made Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Halls Sensors and Otto switches

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix Gaming OC 1080Ti | i7-4790K | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB

Last edited by =Buckeye=; 12-20-2017 at 08:05 PM.
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:24 PM   #25
Spetz

****Edit*** Did a full uninstall and reinstall of my rift and have VA and VAICOM now hearing my mic again... weird

Same as Epolta below, a couple commands work (ground power on/off, request takeoff) but the majority of them go like this:

set random VHF AM freq - "Nearest Airfield" - Confirmation Beep - Nothing changes on radio's
"Chief...Open the canopy" - Confirmation Beep - No action (I have the extended commands option checked)
"Anapa..select" - Confirmation Beep - Nothing

Seems that most radio frequency changing is botched somehow for me.. but UHF works for wingman so far but have stayed on default 251.000

As well, PTT refresh gives the A10C module as the only one available for all modules, helo's, F-15 etc. Can't use any radios except on the A10c.

As below I can call up tower/ATC options, and proceed via ingame F Keys. And looks like I have to train it for all the airfield names, doesn't recognize my pronunciation on 99% of them lol

i7 7700k, MSI z270 M3 mobo, 16 Gb Ripjaw DDR4 RAM, Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti, Corsair H100i V2 liquid cooler, Corsair NVMe SSD for OS, 1tb Mushkin SSD for games, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, 5.1 surround, Oculus Rift

Last edited by Spetz; 12-21-2017 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Fixed no voice heard issue, expanded on new issues
Spetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:07 AM   #26
epolta

Just flew a mission in the harrier with Easy Comms On. JTAC flows were not working. I would give the voice command and Vaicom would recognize my voice and issue the correct command to DCS (Subtitle and player voice could be heard), but DCS was ignoring commands. When I used the Options menu and hand selected the same vaicom response the game would recognize the command and continue the JTAC flow. I also had the same issue with Tonopah tower. My command was heard and passed to the game, but it ignored the command until I used the options command and hand selected the command I wanted to send. Hope that makes sense?

Update: Just ran through the F-5 Cold start instant action. Same issue as above. I can issue voice commands, they're recognized by Vaicom, Chief connect Air.... Roger Air Connected. Chief Apply Air. Chief says air applied, but nothing happens. If I go to Chief-Options and select apply air, then it works! Seems like commands are being recognized, and maybe even passed to DCS, but they are being ignored unless I select the commands manually from the menu using the options menu.

Edit again. F-5 startup. Chief, Place the wheelchocks... recognized... awaiting additional input... what more input can he possibly need?

Last edited by epolta; 12-21-2017 at 01:40 AM. Reason: add more content
Old 12-21-2017, 08:01 AM   #27
Hollywood_315

@Spetz
Bear in mind that radio tuning via the Select command only works with Easy Comms On.
Just saying 'nearest airfield' without Select will not change freq until you also
issue a command for the recipient e.g. 'Request Engines Start'.
I'll send you a PM with a check or two more regarding the refresh thing.

@epolta
Thanks for the update. It seems you keep menus open, as a test can you try the
same with menus closed and let me know how that works.
Ideally if you can enable debug mode and paste a log then I can have a look.
Awaiting additional input could mean you need to allow a bit more pause time
between recipient and command, see manual page 15. Also just in case
double-check VA settings - recognized speech delay should be set to 0ms.
Will send you a PM.

Cheers

[EDIT] SOLVED: symptoms were caused by mission editor / faulty mission file

VR Simpit | Oculus Rift CV1 | ASUS X-99A | Intel 8-core i7-5960X@3GHz | 32GB RAM | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Strix Gaming 11G | Samsung EVO SSD 1TB | HOTAS Thrustmaster Warthog 80mm extended | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | ButtKicker G2 w/ SSA |

www.vaicompro.com

Last edited by Hollywood_315; 12-30-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:40 AM   #28
VampireOne

Default Does not work??

I seem only to get a reduced download. When extracting the file there is only one folder, documentation and a dll....
VampireOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:45 AM   #29
Hollywood_315

Hi Vampire. This is normal. Just follow the installation instruction and the plugin will automatically generate additional subfolders on initialization. Need more help PM me. Thanks

www.vaicompro.com
Old 12-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #30
the_soupdragon

How did I miss this?

Congrats on the release Hollywood. Instabuy for me.

Great to just have one profile for all aircraft in DCS now. looking forward to trying this baby out

SD

Tags
comms, pro, vaicom, voice recognition, voiceattack