Normandy Map 1944, Q and A Video

Wags

Would you please let us see your video options before you go to fly the livestream so we can compare and contrast settings with our own kit and to see what settings are used during the stream. Thanks and hope thats possible:)

Obviously with the caveat that its all subject to change

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There was a V2 rocket site just near brix, south of Cherbourg... is there any amount of begging to have it modelled in game as a target?

(snip)

Also one at Couville...

(snip)

Source: http://www.atlantikwall.org.uk/v2.htm

Google Earth current day of both sites:

152279967_V2Brix.thumb.jpg.fcb5fad9d412336d786d0ba9b3d55ea5.jpg

209775932_V2Couville.thumb.jpg.8c6b13f6345d27f9bc5540e7d19c7ef2.jpg

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Hi Wags,

Some of us are most interested to see what the WWII historical in-cockpit navigation map will look like and how we may interface with it in terms of functionality, etc. For example:

Will we be able to conveniently toggle the map on and off with one key (rather than 2 keys open and close)?

Will the map be big enough for us to use effectively to navigate, but still give us use of our peripheral vision to safely keep wings level whilst referring to it?

Will the map be custom sizeable for convenience in the cockpit (drag edges in and out to size with mouse to simulate folding the map to size)?

Will we be able to move the map to a place in the cockpit (on the PC screen) that is most convenient to view (different cockpits have different instrument layout that we may chose not to block)?

Will be able to zoom in a little on the map to simulate close examination of small details?

If our position is automatically shown on the navigation map by a moving icon, will we be able to turn it off and will it be able to be enforced off by default by people hosting full real navigation servers on MP?

Will there be a separate modern navigation map (current DCS style) for PC pilots of more modern aircraft that are not interested in WWII? Perhaps the WWII map comes with the WWII asset pack?

Perhaps you will be able to show this to us as part of your live stream.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before and I have missed it.

Thank you in anticipation.

Happy landings,

• Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

1: my older system runs fine in 2.0., no VR, will performance be comparable to Nevada?

2: A quick rundown of settings and just logging on, and some explaining the interface of multiple maps may be possible? Like at the very beginning of last video? just a ballpark estimate of file size?

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can we expect to see A/C modules which were applicable to the Normandy theatre in the future?

I.e. Bf 109 G6, Fw 190 A8, Typhoon etc...

Thanks,

Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Also is there any plans to add 1944 Russian tanks and vehicles. Since we already have the Kuban area date appropriate ground units would this:) be a possible.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Can I run this map in a virtual server environment, I can use a rotation because it will exclude people that don't own it, so I need to host them in tandem. I want to build a ESXi server to host all the different flavors of map, right now I cant do this because of starforce and there exclusion of VM machines. This is preventing me from purchasing this map (2 copies, one for myself and one to host the server on) (I own pretty much everything DCS has to offer too...)

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

1. Will the night-time environment make sense given the time period? (i.e. village blackout, airfield lights that only turn on when absolutely necessary, searchlights in cities).. or will it just be like the Caucasus map, where all the lights are on all night long?

2. Will mission makers be able to remove the the post-invasion landing fields in France, so we can run pre-invasion missions that make sense?

3. Does the water have white-tops when the wind is string enough, or is it going to be just lumpy jelly?

4. Will the german coastal defences be active, or just eye candy? ( 6What happens if the allies capture land where the defences are? Can mission makers determine whether the emplacements are "on" or "off"?)

5. how about "platoons" as the minimum unit size for infantry. In 1.5 you can place individual soldiers... is that a bit too detailed ?

6. Will we continue to be stuck with the limited set of aircraft skins and markings that ship with the pack (similar to 1.5) or will you implement something like in Cliffs of Dover, where the pilot can specify their aircrafts squadron (and individual aircraft codes)?

7. Is there a development programme to continually flesh out areas of the map that are only basic to begin with?

8. When will the RAF fighters get drop tanks, so they can get over the channel and back?

9. Any thoughts on adding some Bocage to the Bocage areas on the map (a simple raised-earth section with scrubby-grass benetha the treeline would suffice!)?

10. Can I have some time to round this off with a tenth question?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I'd like to add to philstyle's question about night, and the lighting engine:

Currently in the Caucassus map, when it is night, the illumination of the night sky (Moon and Stars) is non existent. Basically the night is completely black and it is impossible to navigate and see outside the canopy using visual aids, even in clear weather.

Will the new lighting engine allow the proper simulation of a night time environment? With that I mean will it possible to see outside when the conditions permit? (Clear skies at nightime). In such conditions, the night is never pitch black in Real Life as it is currently modeled in the sim.

Thanks.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.