Normandy Map 1944, Q and A Video

Wags

• ED Team

Hello everyone!

For the next video, I plan to do another World War II video (Bf 109 this time), but within the video, I'd like to do a second Q and A section. I'm not sure exactly when this video will be published though.

Please feel free ask your Normandy related questions here and I'll try to answer as many of them as I can. Off topic posts will be removed to keep this thread clean.

If you have not already done so, please view the first video to avoid questions that were already addressed.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Wags

Is release still looking towards the end of May or is progress currently looking good enough to do an end of April release as originally planned?

Someone had to be bold enough to ask....

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Is release still looking towards the end of May or is progress currently looking good enough to do an end of April release as originally planned?

Someone had to be bold enough to ask....

Im not much into it but i think ive heard from the last video they uploaded about the map they were saying late may.

but i could be confused.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Q: Will aircraft that feature an advanced moving map system, like the Ka-50 and A-10C, have maps available in their systems for the Normandy terrain?

Q: Will advanced system functions tied to the AO, par example the DIVERT CDU functions on the A-10C, still function on Normandy?

Check my F-15C guide

Hi Wags,

Is there any plans to add airfields and detail to Guernsey and Jersey? My grand parents house was used by the Germans as a cook house during the war. It's right off the coast so could make a good staging area.

Thanks and have a great easter.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

will be any night enviroment lights added on the map ? (cars, trains, ships, lighthouses, streetlights, building-windows, runway/harbour lights and bale fires? etc.) or will be the cities/villages darkened ?

would be nice to use map/mission options for what kind of lights will be visible/invisible in mission

sign-pic4.jpg

Are the French ALGs a permanent feature of the map or could they be programmed to appear by date (set by mission builder) or by frontline movement? It would be good to be able to run pre-D-Day missions without these temporary airfields appearing on the landscape.

Maybe there can there be a pilot of ground services. refeuling or rearming? or is it something for combined arms?

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

There was a V2 rocket site just near brix, south of Cherbourg... is there any amount of begging to have it modelled in game as a target?

Sottevast.jpg

Also one at Couville...

COUVILLE.jpg

Source: http://www.atlantikwall.org.uk/v2.htm

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

What about the release date of Normandy map?

End of May?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

1. Is Le Havre about to be changed or is it already finished? It looks very different compared to modern maps and I would expect that the shores hadn't change since 1944. At least not that much.

2. Same question for the light model. There are two screenshots of the cathedral of Caen in the related forum section with very different light models and light effects.

Seen here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3075403&postcount=22

3. Can you provide us a few impressions and close ups of South England during your flight?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Just two questions:

1) Will there be full mission editor support on the (pre)release of Normandy? (Like there was with Nevada) I.E. Will we be able to create/download/integrate missions right from the get go?

2) Is there any chance of seeing a flown sample WWII scenario mission in a future Video or Stream before the (pre)release, to help show off some of the new AI WWII units in action and interacting with the player? (Sort of like you did with the Su25)

This might help those of us who are still kind of on the fence to decide whether to preorder now or wait for the release or the merge.

Thank you.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.