Hardware change: maximum points - (re)activation ?

NRG-Vampire

Its in the Manuals.

Activation

Using the serial number provided, you will be required to activate your game purchase prior to

playing. During the Activation process, the copy protection system will create a hardware profile

of your system and compare that to your current system each time you start the game. If there

has been a significant change to your computer like replacing significant hardware items or

changing your Operating System, you may be required to reactivate your purchase. You are

provided eight Activations. If you require more after using all the ones provided, you may

contact customer service at support@lockon.ru

Each license (disk) has initial 10 activations plus AAA technology (described below).

If StarForce detects changes to your computer hardware/software as described below, an

activation will be required.

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points as rated

below:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to find out if, for example, adding more RAM will require a deactivation / reactivation cycle? I've had my install for a long while now, and I don't really remember what in the way of hardware changes I might have made. I'd rather not go through it all if I don't have to.

Of course I can put the extra RAM in, try it, and remove if needed etc etc, but even that's a bit of a mess about.

I appreciate as a copy protection mechanism they might not want to advertise the details, but the ability to get your current "score" would be really handy when planning to upgrade.

Hi, last weekend I changed my RAM amount (6 points) and I was asked for a new activation in MiG-21, despite I never changed any hardware since the very first installation of this module. I activated again and it was an error, so I had to delete the registry key and reactivated again. So I lost 2 activations when I only changed my RAM.

My question is, that table apply to all modules?

Best Regards.

Best Regards.

Yes. The Mig-21 has issues which really need to be resolved, permanently.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi, last weekend I changed my RAM amount (6 points) and I was asked for a new activation in MiG-21, despite I never changed any hardware since the very first installation of this module. I activated again and it was an error, so I had to delete the registry key and reactivated again. So I lost 2 activations when I only changed my RAM.

Best Regards.

Ditto. I just doubled my amount of RAM, and thus far every module EXCEPT the MiG 21 has been fine. But as soon as I fire up DCS World (1.5 open beta) I get hassled about needing to activate the Mig 21. I could pop the RAM out, and deactivate and reactivate, but it seems like this is a failure with the module, and I shouldn't really have to burn any for this when every thing else so far is perfectly happy with the upgrade.

I could pop the RAM out, and deactivate and reactivate,...

I would not be surprised if that did not fix it anyway. My bet is that Starforce would see changing the memory back to the old config as just another hardware change, adding another 6 points, and potentially blowing activations for other modules as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wow. I moved my drive into a completely different machine. New CPU, MOBO, RAM, MAC....

...and no reactivation. Oddly enough, I didn't need to reactivate Windows, either.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

How does the "change amount of RAM" works?

If I have 8GB and go for 12GB (it's 6 points - ok) and then for any reason I change back to 8GB. Does this mean it costs me 6 points again, so would need to activate again?

I have never tested it, but I would bet that it would count as two ram changes. I doubt Starforce keeps track of history in such a way that it would just say, "Oh, this is the old config again, no problem".

Hardware change: maximum points - (re)activation ?

I've got the same problem concerning reactivation of the MIG-21. I completely reinstalled my computer and doubled the RAM and changed the GPU, so reactivation is required.

Normal DCS: still asks for activation of the MIG-21 every time I launch the game but activation is successful.

DCS Open Beta: asks for reactivation every time but no joy. Cannot fly the MIG now.

Yup, seems to be a problem of the developer because the other modules are working like a charm.

i7 7700k @ 4,5 GHz

Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+

32 GB RAM @ 3000 MHz

500 GB SSD

Oculus Rift S

HOTAS Warthog

CH Pro pedals

• 2 years later...

Hello and help!

I changed all the components of my PC to switch to the latest generation Intel i7 8700k!

DCS no longer recognizes my modules, I contacted the support Eagle who gave me a tutorial, in which asked me to download the file "REG"; [You must download the reg file for the affected module (you can use the Save Link As ... option).

Please execute the reg file, it will delete the old (bad) information about activating your Windows registry.

Then try to activate your product again.)

Where can I find this file?

Thanks in advance

Laurent

MSI Z490 gaming Plus, I9 10900K, RTX 2080Ti inno3D, 64 Go GSKILL 3200 ,Pimax 5k+ ,Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster , rudder Thrust ,ssd ultimate 1to M2, 4 Hd

• ED Team

Hi

the reg files can be found at near the bottom of this page

Registry fixes for modules:

Registry fixes for campaigns:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/564/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Activation problem

hello,

i changed mother board, chipset, ram, CG.

Still have the same windows 10 and hardrive.

I kept my file "saved games" with all settings from the previous alpha 2 version

I have updated alpha 2 version and dowloaded the release version.

I have popups about each modules asking that with the harware changes i have a problem with activation key for each modules.

So i use the "try again" button and for most of my modules it works.

it says for exemple your activation key number 7 has been use.

in the game if i go to settings and modules activated they are all activated and i have in the box close to them the activation code for them wich stays the same as the one given by ED.

Each time i launch the game windows about activation keys pop up.

And even as it says that it has been activated, the plane doesn't apears in the game...

Any advise?

Thank's a lot.