So my Blackshark was randomly yawing and spinning all the way around no matter how

fergrim

much I trimmed, and burning fuel crazy fast. Is it possible starting it wrong can do that?

I figured I'd take it in for a landing and try to start it from cold again so I fly the 30KM back to base, determined to beat this campaign mission..

So I hop out, describe my problem to the ground crew. They take a quick look at it and know instantly what my problem was;

C9A6DD12D19C9BE9452F449238CB60B81FBB7F31

'Well there's your problem right there!' *gestures towards where the rear third of the aircraft used to be*

And in my current...light weight configuration, I get 0 options except for 12. Exit when I hit the radio button.

Is there any other way to request repairs? Does the missing tail section not imply my request?

Edited by fergrim

to make it all complete and working in MP also, tune your Comms knob to Ground Crew with the frequency of the FARP or Airfield tuned in your Radio as well, then hit RALT + # ( in my case, german KB ) and request repair once your rotor has stopped spinning ( rotorbrake ON ).

Happy flying :joystick:

She flies with have almost anything ripped off sometimes. Simply amazing.

* force a repair after every 12 Vikhrs to get a new Laser. Damage the nose or Shkval with a few doodoos or so :smilewink:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

haha yes thanks, the thing is, all of the radio gear is in the tail and the antennas for it, so turning the knobs was getting me nowhere.

But yesss, I have loved playing with realistic radio, it's the only way I play at all.

I heard some people saying all the radio frequencies for every airfield were the same, but in my experience, they're each different. I use the cheatsheet on the left hand side of the cockpit to know where to tune it to.

I find the generic frequency only works on farps who have no set location of their own.

Was that an old thing, where it was like that?

Like I get into a mission and usually 124 is to talk to my wingman and 127.5 is for generic farps. Meanwhile each major airfield, batumi, soki etc each have their own unique one - 133, 139 etc

And not only that but if I remember correctly, when you're in flight and want to talk to a tower, do you need to also turn the knob to a different setting or is that on the ground?

But yeah, then on the ground,when I'm too lazy to shut off my engine and open my door to yell at the ground crew - I use the ground crew selector on the knob with the intercom enabled.

And that's good advice about the laser, but I was also curious, does it burn out when being used for range designating? Since you're only really using it for target designation when you use the KH25's, I was curious if this wears on it less.

Trying to contain so much new information in the past week has been tough haha

ohhh..my bad..

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thanks to the double rotor system, a flight without tail is surprisingly stable.

Same if the wing stubs get damaged. You can easily bring a Ka-50 that only has the chassis and the rotors left back home :D Supposed the rest of the aircraft is still okay.

Imagine that happens in a single-rotor helicopter, happy crash-landing.

Edited by Zabuza

Thanks to the double rotor system, a flight without tail is surprisingly stable.

Same if the wing stubs get damaged. You can easily bring a Ka-50 that only has the chassis and the rotors left back home :D Supposed the rest of the aircraft is still okay.

Imagine that happens in a single-rotor helicopter, happy crash-landing.

Happy auto rotating! :lol:

Fergrim, that will buff right out! Shark is tough it can walk it off! :)

BSD Discord , BSD Website

If it doesn't hover, it just sucks and blows

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Same if the wing stubs get damaged. You can easily bring a Ka-50 that only has the chassis and the rotors left back home .

Thanks to the fact that it's a video game. ;)

For the Ka-50 at least, the weights of the airframe sections does not seem to be calculated. That is, fuel, ammunition, and other stores are all calculated individually, but the airframe as a whole seems to have a preset balance point that does not change when you remove major sections of the airframe. Can't say I disagree, that would be quite a task and I'd rather see development effort spent elsewhere. I'd also prefer if the tail was not something that could fall off, since that not exactly realistic either.

Thanks to the fact that it's a video game. ;)

For the Ka-50 at least, the weights of the airframe sections does not seem to be calculated. That is, fuel, ammunition, and other stores are all calculated individually, but the airframe as a whole seems to have a preset balance point that does not change when you remove major sections of the airframe. Can't say I disagree, that would be quite a task and I'd rather see development effort spent elsewhere. I'd also prefer if the tail was not something that could fall off, since that not exactly realistic either.

Are you sure, I'm nearly certain that, if a wing falls off for example, I have to trim massively in the opposite direction.

Nate