Lock On Gold on Windows 10?

Has anyone managed to get Lock on Gold on Windows 10? Believe it or not I have two copies of Gold and one copy of the original LOMAC. I'd like to install it in my new laptop. Thanks.

I have FC3 on my desktop but I'd like to do the stand alone Gold one for old time's sake. I had fun the last time I played them.

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

How to add an XP Mode Virtual Machine to Windows 10 (or 8) using Hyper-V

Have not tried this, but like in Win 7, there is a way of running XP and software made for XP under Win 10:

"XP Mode was introduced for Windows 7 (Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate) users as a way to run software designed for XP in Windows 7. "

http://www.download3k.com/articles/How-to-add-an-XP-Mode-Virtual-Machine-to-Windows-10-or-8-using-Hyper-V-00770

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

You're running it on Win 10. That's great news! It turns out I also have Lockon Platinum, so I think I'll install that first in one of my old laptops. I believe Platinum has Lockon v1.01 and FC version 2. I hope the Lockon v1.01 will run and run well. I'm assuming the Lockon v1 versions I have in the original Lockon DVD, the Gold DVD, and the Platinum DVD are all the same.

Can you provide more details on how you are running Lockon v1.01? What bat (batch) file? Also, do you have it set-up in compatibility mode? Are you able to run it without a CD drive (which will kinda defeat the purpose of portability if I have to bring along a drive and the CD to play with it). Thanks!

Just to jog people's memory, Lockon Platinum has 2 disks: Lockon and FC2 and looking at the manual, it is apparently Starforce protected. The package says it requires a Pentium 2 GHz and 256 MB of video memory (nowadays that's like nothing!). I don't have my portable DVD now to install it (I know I have one somewhere). Does anyone know if I will be able to activate it. Is the activation server still running?

By the way, I'm wondering if it'll run in a virtual machine in VMware too.

Hi,

I've got LOMAC 1.0 & 1.02 installed and working on Win 10 Pro.

As long as you don't forget to start with the bat file, not the exe.

Gold I do not want to try because of Starforce issues...

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

I can now confirm that Lockon Platinum (which has Lockon and Flaming Cliffs 2) works in Windows 10 64-bit.

I can now confirm that Lockon Platinum (which has Lockon and Flaming Cliffs 2) works in Windows 10 64-bit.

Cool, take the Crimean tour. I believe the mission is available for download from Flankertraining.com

[ame]

[/ame]

EDIT: Yes, the file is still there.

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/flightbasics.htm

Edited by HiJack

• 1 year later...

Quick Summation

TL;DR

• LOMAC (v1.0 or v1.02) works so long as you don't upgrade past v1.02; after that, you introduce LOFC1 which will begin to cause problems*
  • LOFC2 (v1.0 or v1.2.1) works if the PC can detect LOMAC installed on PC during installation of LOFC2 ; LOFC1 not required.

*It is stated that there are windows 7 (windows 7 compatible usually means windows 7+ compatible) drivers for star-force, but even after obtaining these I was unable to produce a working copy.

Somewhere in some forum I have read confirmation that LOFC1 is indeed working on win7+ through the star-force drivers.

Late reply, but it works fine for me, with v. 1.02. DirectX 10 supported cards and above will experience problems using the full-shadows mode, where pretty much every aircraft and object is under a shadow or dark overlay.

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

A bit late for this discussion but if anyone finds this useful:

The only way I managed to find to run LOMAC Flaming Cliffs 1.12b Win 10 was via Oracle VirtualBox in Windows 7. It runs OK.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

• 7 months later...

bat file

Hi,

I've got LOMAC 1.0 & 1.02 installed and working on Win 10 Pro.

As long as you don't forget to start with the bat file, not the exe.

Gold I do not want to try because of Starforce issues...

what is a bat file.? I got windows 10 and cannot lock on it to run.

where do you find the bat file.