Struggling with firing JDAMs against multiple targets with TGP

imacken

So, in the stock JDAM mission modified to include the TGP, I can get the target data into the 4 JDAMs OK via the TGP, but no matter what I try - and I've looked at the usual suspects YT vids - the bombs don't hit each of the 4 targets. Sometimes 2 targets get hit twice, sometimes 3 targets and 1 twice, etc.

Clearly, I am doing something wrong in the firing stage.

Any help appreciated!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks but, no, that doesn't help me. If I have 1 bomb per rack - like in that video - then everything is OK, but my issue is when there are 2 bombs per rack. The situation as I described above happens.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Thanks but, no, that doesn't help me. If I have 1 bomb per rack - like in that video - then everything is OK, but my issue is when there are 2 bombs per rack. The situation as I described above happens.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

If you have two bombs per rack then you simply designate the TOO, switch to PP mode to designate PP1, then change to PP2, go back to TOO, designate a new target, go to PP mode to transfer the coordinates to PP2. That'll give you two different targets for PP1 and PP2 on the same rack. Repeat that for all racks, then set all racks to PP1, pickle 4x once you're in range, then for each subsequent pickle (e.g. bombs 5-8 ) select PP2 before you pickle. You should have 8 bombs hitting 8 targets.

... my issue is when there are 2 bombs per rack.

Cap covered it last week (8 JDAMS in one pass), though the procedure likely to change when racks get left/right properties.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I posted the same issue: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247232

It honestly seems like with BRU-55s it's not possible to reliably hit more than 2-3 targets in one pass. I have tried every single procedure that has been suggested and none of them will get 4 bombs on 4 targets when using BRU-55s.

Yes, that thread is pretty much what I am seeing.

Cap covered it last week (8 JDAMS in one pass), though the procedure likely to change when racks get left/right properties.

Believe me, as I said in the first post, I have watched many videos including that one and am still not able to sort this out.

No problem getting the target data in correctly to all 4 bombs, but it's after releasing the weapons and where they actually go that is the issue.

As per the thread above, I get bombs wandering off somewhere, 2 bombs hitting the same target, etc.

I even tried with just 1 bomb, TGP, TOO, TDC depress, PP, in range, all good, release bomb and it occasionaly just wanders off.

I have also tried just inputting target data manually but that doesn't seem to make any difference to this issue.

Another thing, the tanks get hit bang on with a GBU-38 and just drive off!

This might be me doing something badly wrong but I don't think so.

Edited by imacken

Can one of you guys please look at this track and tell me the fundamental thing I am doing wrong?

2 x4 GBU-38s all targetted correctly (I think!) by the TGP, and then they just hit the last 4 targets with 2 bombs each!

I've tried various things and methods but I am obviously missing a basic step!

Can one of you guys please look at this track and tell me the fundamental thing I am doing wrong?

TL;DR:

You dropped all 8x bombs using PP2, hence you hit 4 out of 8 targets.

Detail:

After dropping one bomb from each station i.e. the first 4, you need to change the profile for each station before pressing the pickle button.

I took control of your track after you entered the data and it looked good (like the Grim Reapers I hit 7 out of 8 ).

Main difference to you, for the bomb drop :

• I set each station to use PP1

• Dropped x4 bombs (automatically steps to next station, before cycling back to the first)

• before dropping the next bomb switched the station to PP2, then pickle

(it auto steps to the next station, which is still set to use PP1)

• before dropping the next bomb switched the station to PP2, then pickle

• ... repeat until all bombs dropped.

Tested Open Beta 2.5.5.34644

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Right, thank you. What I didn't notice was that after dropping 4 x bombs on PP1, even though I then selected PP2, it jumps back to PP1 on the next station. So, as long as I manually select PP2 each time, everything is OK.

Right, thank you. What I didn't notice was that after dropping 4 x bombs on PP1, even though I then selected PP2, it jumps back to PP1 on the next station. So, as long as I manually select PP2 each time, everything is OK.

Yes, you need to manually step through the stations a second time to select the right program. So it’s been mentioned, the L/R selection of multi-store racks is coming eventually which will alleviate that process. For now, it’s a bit more cumbersome.

I see, thanks for that. It is pretty clunky at the moment. i guess its all WIP!

I believe I have found out why I can designate four separate DMPIs but only get good hits on three. After watching the video Cap put up I made a couple of runs with the STORES page up on the AMPCD. I noticed that every single time I pickled on the first target two JDAMs were released. So two bombs tracked successfully to target 1 while bombs three and four tracked to target number 2 and 3. Only happens when carrying on the BRU-55. I haven’t figured out why the bombs ripple for the first target only. Might be something to check out.

Here you go quick run i did the other day, after designating pp1 and pp2 go back and make sure your releasing pp1 first then on the 4th pickle select pp2 you will step back through the stations before every release make sure you select pp2 because it does not auto select the next pp target on the pickle.

I believe I have found out why I can designate four separate DMPIs but only get good hits on three. After watching the video Cap put up I made a couple of runs with the STORES page up on the AMPCD. I noticed that every single time I pickled on the first target two JDAMs were released. So two bombs tracked successfully to target 1 while bombs three and four tracked to target number 2 and 3. Only happens when carrying on the BRU-55. I haven’t figured out why the bombs ripple for the first target only. Might be something to check out.

What I see is this:

- I program PP1 2, 7, 3 and 8. If I have PP2, then I repeat for 2,7,3, and 8.

- either by holding down the weapon release button or by firing individually, the Hornet releases in the order 8, 2, 7 and 3 for PP1

- then I go back and make sure that PP2 is selected for all, and then the Hornet fires PP2 in 8, 2, 7, and 3 order.

Not sure if it fires in that order regardless of programming order. I guess it's a balance thing? Not sure.