Prop governor manual control

Guys i know it's a very dumb question but... i can't control manually the prop pitch. I know the switch to use the automatic settings, but i would like (at least) to try to use it manually. In some cases it may even be helpful. I checked at least three times but i can't find the keys to change the prop pitch (i would like to use an axis for this).

I checked the forums, the manual, google.... but no way. Anybody may help?

Thanks in advance

Maurizio

I'm so fond of the 109 my dog is called Gustav!

This is not an axis because the prop can move so much that there are no axis to have a precise control. There are 2 controls to set. But I didn't have there name.

This is a completely different system from P51 or Spitfire.

Agree, rpm control unit in bf109 uses mechanically set map to obtain optimal rpm for given boost,

It is very similar to engine limitation chart(max continous 46'/2700 max crusie 36'/2400) for p-51 but everything is happening automatic.

Manual control is used for t/o and landing in normal operation environment.

No axis, only buttons for increase/decrease.

In manual mode, you control pitch of the prop not rpm, it is not like in spit or p-51

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Hi Guys, thanks for your reply.

Ok, uderstood, there's no axis. I have seen the two buttons on the throttle, i would like to map them on the "real throttle", but i can't find them in the controls settings.

Thank you in advance

Maurizio

I'm so fond of the 109 my dog is called Gustav!

Manual control is used for t/o and landing in normal operation environment.

Automatic system always think you are in level flight. because of this, it make auto the best choice for cruise. But in combat, with correct management you can have better perf with the Bf 109.

But this need training ... and some engine failure to understand what you can and what you can't do ^^

Automatic system always think you are in level flight. because of this, it make auto the best choice for cruise. But in combat, with correct management you can have better perf with the Bf 109.

But this need training ... and some engine failure to understand what you can and what you can't do ^^

"normal operation" not expert level, what i said

Auto is simply trying to maintain rpm for givent boost/throttle position. It realy dont care is it level flight or not.

In FW190 D9 they fixed this problem. Auto or not auto

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor