Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Is there any chance to add the A-4c now that the "invincibility" has been fixed?

I'd love to add the A-4 to the server. The problem is, doing so would force everyone to get the mod.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I fails. It give me pure client is required from my end V1.29

Seems to me you didn't install it into the saved games directory and instead you are using a mod manager, which will replace original files instead of using the ones installed into the saved games directory and that's why you don't pass the IC.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Yeah thats the method where you overwrite original game files. Copy those 2 folders into your c:\users\your username\saved games\dcs openbeta\

But i think you have to do a repair first to get the original game files back before you are able to join on a server.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

Yeah thats the method where you overwrite original game files. Copy those 2 folders into your c:\users\your username\saved games\dcs openbeta\

But i think you have to do a repair first to get the original game files back before you are able to join on a server.

It will pass the IC because the mods in not installed. Placebo effect, I am sorry to disappoint.

From the horse mouth itself ;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3832393&postcount=519

It will pass the IC because the mods in not installed. Placebo effect, I am sorry to disappoint.

From the horse mouth itself ;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3832393&postcount=519

Problem solved.

I've added to the server's settings the following so that everyone can use the textures without any problems. Whether through JSGME or by copying the files it shouldn't matter:

*** require pure textures: (no, checked). end.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Problem solved.

I've added to the server's settings the following so that everyone can use the textures without any problems. Whether through JSGME or by copying the files it shouldn't matter:

*** require pure textures: (no, checked). end.

Nice :cheer3nc: you did it just now?

I've always said Discord is rubbish and people end up annoying each other, insulting one another etc.

Here's one proof:

Just read through the posts of the following thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234642

Hope you understand now why I was so disinclined from the very beginning to have a Discord channel.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

all good, nobody is forcing you ;)

maybe we could try to only use one comm method instead of 2 ?

i'd even let go of srs in favour to teamspeak - if it would help getting more people on comms ....

SRS sounds so real. Unlike TS.

TS is for meeting up with others, SRS is for inflight comms. I see no harm in having both, which has been the case for years.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

yes you're right, srs is much more immersive and sounds almost like a real radio!

i really love it, but i don't know - so many people avoid comms - is it because they have to use the radio inside the aircraft too, or is it because they're afraid of radio discipline and brevity codes?

maybe people are less afraid on TS - they even can see how many are online and who is online

not that i am a super fan of it, but if it brings people on comms, then it is welcome

2 systems will always divide the users ...

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

The real question now is if a Rb04 or Rb15 is able to lock onto one.

The definition of overkill :)

The Answer is both Yes and no:

1)Yes both of them lock and turn and dive to engage it

2) no -they cant destroy it because it sits just a bit too low in water and they overfly it and rb04 hits the water just behind it rb15 climbs and autodestructs. they dont have the proximity fuses so dont go off.

Another scenario could be to make night mission where viggens had to find it , deploy lysbombs to light the area and destroy it with gunpods.

I'd love to add the A-4 to the server. The problem is, doing so would force everyone to get the mod.

Why is that exactly? Would doing so create an integrity fail check for those who don't have the mod?

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

unfortunately there is no ED-equivalent for the plane

usually if you don't own a module, then there is at least an external model+AI available which is in the stock product.

since this is a mod, exactly this placeholder is not available unfortunately

so ED would need to adapt dcs "just because" of a mod :|

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

I prefer to just use TS3 , it’s already installed and I just don’t want to mess with setting up another 3rd party voice program , besides rumor has it DCS is going to implement its own player commo system soon . On another topic , Alpenwolf would you consider alternating the R60M and AIM9PS loadouts in at least some of the maps ? That would be awesome sir , not every map , just some .

Edited by Bolt1

I prefer to just use TS3 , it’s already installed and I just don’t want to mess with setting up another 3rd party voice program , besides rumor has it DCS is going to implement its own player commo system soon . On another topic , Alpenwolf would you consider alternating the R60M and AIM9PS loadouts in at least some of the maps ? That would be awesome sir , not every map , just some .

I used to feel this way... but SRS has come a long way since and is now the most simple piece of software to use in the DCS experience (including DCS itself).

On missiles - maybe strike aircraft could spawn at a different airfield which has a limited number of the better missiles available? Either notably out of the way for the fighter aircraft to go and re-arm at or with a script that de-spawns any fighter aircraft landing at that base.

I think this only affects the MiG-21 anyway as it shares the R-60M with L-39, and both Su-25 whilst AIM-9P5 and the Swedish equivalent are unique to the Tiger and Viggen.

Since I'm posting; There are several missions now where Blue attacks and Red is intercept/CAP only, will there be a mission with the roles reversed?

As always thank you Alpenwolf for your fantastic server, it is my exclusive online gaming fix these days.

It's not quite possible in every mission to have the strikers taking off from a different airbase. Some areas in the Caucasus don't permit that.

The R-73 will be put back, but in very limited numbers; 10-20 missiles only.

At least the Su-25T would be able to defend itself.

The rear-aspect missiles have it in them, I must admit. The whole atmosphere has changed since then and many people including myself seem to like it.

Most servers allow all weapons and all modules. Let's keep this one a bit different.

Hope you understand...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments