Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Great job on the latest Syria mission. Directing attack choppers to kill tanks is a lot more fun than I would've thought ������

The teamwork between the ground units and the KA50’s on the Tiberias mission was 10/10.. great spotting and coop!

Blue team needs the Kiowa asap.

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or even better the AH-1 or the AH-64. Both operated by Israel.

I’m pretty sure it is rather crowded on the Israeli air bases, but brining in one or two of the new A10C and maybe an AV8B for ground work would help them out with the Red tanks.

AH- 1 / 64 :devil_2:

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just as a heads-up, Alpen, the FARPs on When The Mountains Cry still have 9Ms warehoused.

Shout out to the Harrier who flew direct to a FARP to arm up with all-aspect CAP goodness, only for Hiro to strafe him as he loaded his first missile. He wasn't very happy :megalol:

Just as a heads-up, Alpen, the FARPs on When The Mountains Cry still have 9Ms warehoused.

Shout out to the Harrier who flew direct to a FARP to arm up with all-aspect CAP goodness, only for Hiro to strafe him as he loaded his first missile. He wasn't very happy :megalol:

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Will fix.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

If they add the 64, it might be too advanced for Cold War servers

Well, this is 1947-1991 era. So it can be in. It is just a matter of balance. Just put more ground units different kind, and you will have hand full of job with apache.

I think the AH-64 fits right in.. introduced 1984, and was used extensively during Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991).

Agreed. Alpenwolf always limits the numbers of advanced machinery anyway, so it's not like the addition of one or two modern gunships is going to turn the balance on its head. Same goes for the Mi-24 and the potential AH-1 (late versions of course).

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

I think the AH-64 fits right in.. introduced 1984, and was used extensively during Operation Desert Storm (17 January 1991 – 28 February 1991).

Yes but it would have to be an AH-64A not a D or an E model

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

After today's update the warehouses are broken. Alpen, I'm sure you're looking forward to fixing this again...

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Seems like on the current mission the F-5s at least have missiles but there are no red AA missiles at all

This would explain how I was shot down during my first sortie. Not fun at all.

The warehouses are bugged again?!!! This is the third time in 2 weeks!!! Please, ED, you're killing me...

Sorry, guys, but the last two fixes costed me a total of 8-10 hours just fixing the warehouses. With weapons and now aircraft being limited in numbers it's a tedious work going over each and every airbase one by one.

I don't know what to say...

Currently at work and will be busy for the next two days...

Quick thought:

I might just have 3 missions on the server and remove the rest so when this bug happens again it's "only" 3 missions to fix. But then again what missions should stay. And that would make the server not as variegated as I've designed it to be.

I'm not going to start a vote on what missions should stay. That would be yet another never ending thing just to work around yet another bug.

Go guns only for now. I really don't know what else to say. It's the only bug that literally devastates my mood. I could live with all the other bugs and I do. Just not this one.

Warehouses bug

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Question from someone completely unfamiliar with mission design - wouldn't it be easier to change the missile stocks to unlimited for the time being? I realise that would go against your philosophy, but given that the MiG pilots have to venture with knife to a gunfight IMHO that would be better than nothing.

Question from someone completely unfamiliar with mission design - wouldn't it be easier to change the missile stocks to unlimited for the time being? I realise that would go against your philosophy, but given that the MiG pilots have to venture with knife to a gunfight IMHO that would be better than nothing.

MiG-21 pilots would have access to nuke bombs. And changing the whole nature of the server is not the solution but rather giving up on things. You go down that road and in no time you start changing a lot of things until one day you probably wouldn't recognise the server any more. And then you, me and others who enjoy the server for what it has to offer wouldn't enjoy it any more. It's just the way of things.

... back to work.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

MiG-21 pilots would have access to nuke bombs.

Whats wrong with nukes ? :pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Hello everyone. Yesterday, on the map of the bay, it was impossible to select air missiles for the MiG21. I still did not understand for what reason. The enemy had missiles, but the red ones did not). Maybe I didn’t understand something in the script) And I don’t read him, there is no Russian.

Hello everyone. Yesterday, on the map of the bay, it was impossible to select air missiles for the MiG21. I still did not understand for what reason. The enemy had missiles, but the red ones did not). Maybe I didn’t understand something in the script) And I don’t read him, there is no Russian.

It's a mistake caused by the DCS update