Using the F10 Map to Place Waypoints

TomCatGoad

Has anyone else noticed that since the last update (yesterday's open beta) that using the F10 map method of placing way points (B, Bx and M) seems to place them somewhere else, its particularly bad on the stock map however have had the issue on Gulf as well.

Was sat at Kobuleti and placing a way point on myself would place it over 400KM away, whilst entering using the keypad method placed it directly on top of me.

Am I being an idiot or has something changed? Also on all my pre-saved missions (including the included ones) all the Viggens seem to be spawning backwards (pointing nose into hangars etc).

I saw that aswell when i flew on Blueflag PG yesterday. Waypoints being nowhere close to where you place them on the F10 map.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I saw that aswell when i flew on Blueflag PG yesterday. Waypoints being nowhere close to where you place them on the F10 map.

Glad someone else is having the problem and me and my mates are not being thick. Guess I'll go fly something else till its fixed. (Because I am way to lazy to write down all my way points and copy them into the computer)

ED fixed a long standing bug https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213275

This is now causing confusion until scripts are adjusted.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

HAHA. Was just coming to the forums to ask about this. Glad to know i'm not the only one going 'GAH WTF'.

Just get around to figuring i'd try the waypoint navagation instead of just 'fart flying around'.

Read the guides, punch it all in, and 'what do you mean my waypoint is.. 30 'miles' away... RAGE!!!!!

half an hour later, check forums 'oh'.

Edited by Eira

Entering waypoints/coordinates manually works fine though. Its only the map mark translation that is off atm.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Entering waypoints/coordinates manually works fine though. Its only the map mark translation that is off atm.
Yeah but part of the beauty of the f10 input was if you have a flight of 3 a/c one person enter the marks and everyone has all the marks in the same place, and it saves tonnes of time.

Also it's not like the flight crew sat there for 10 mins punching in the waypoints. They were loaded onto the data cartridge for them.

Just cause there is a work round doesn't stop it being a bug.

while we are having a conversation about the f10 waypoint system, is there any way to set 'altitude' to waypoints via this? or it it just a 'x,y you worry about Z' system?
What is this 'altitude' of which you speak? (Said every Viggen Pilot, ever)

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

What is this 'altitude' of which you speak? (Said every Viggen Pilot, ever)

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

You have to put the height of the tallest tree in the area in somewhere...

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Thanks! Fingers crossed ED will inform you about changes like this *before* they go live in the future.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Reference the f10 map waypoint system: Has the ability to add time-on-target been added yet? I recall the devs showing something along those lines a while ago.

If it has been added, what are label texts that need to be used for it?