Fw 190 A8 - Liverythread - Page 3 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #21
Steven190
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Omaha
Posts: 17
Default

W. Mortiz tail number is 681382


Also he did not have the black nose, only the Yellow chin color, but nice work
Steven190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:09 PM   #22
Warlord64
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven190 View Post
W. Mortiz tail number is 681382


Also he did not have the black nose, only the Yellow chin color, but nice work

Hi Steven
I used a few sites as reference that show this livery to be attributed to W.Moritz flying from Memmingen,Germany,July 18th 1944.
However the same aircraft was photographed at Schongau in August 1944 and was re-painted in a more anonymous scheme(one with Yellow under engine cowling) than the iconic Sturm JG3 Back Cowling scheme, but no further info is known whether he continued to fly this machine and if it remained in this anonymous scheme for the rest of the war beyond August 1944.
As for the coding 681382 on the vertical stabiliser,I was going to add this but as I mentioned "All I couldnt do was remove the serial Number(550) and its box
from the vertical stabiliser as I dont know how to script the description.lua file to remove it.
So if anyone with the expertise could do this for Me and send me the ammended description.lua I would be very grateful."


Cheers
Keith

http://luftwaffeinprofile.se/Moritz.html

http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/galle...a8r248aa_1.htm

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._A8_Moritz.jpg

http://add.museum119.cz/eduard/r0004.pdf

Last edited by Warlord64; 08-17-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Warlord64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:34 PM   #23
Magic Zach
Senior Member
 
Magic Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord64 View Post
Hi Steven190
I used a few sites as reference that show this livery to be attributed to W.Moritz flying from Memmingen,Germany,July 18th 1944.
However the same aircraft was photographed at Schongau in August 1944 and was re-painted in a more anonymous scheme(one with Yellow under engine cowling) than the iconic Sturm JG3 Back Cowling scheme, but no further info is known whether he continued to fly this machine and if it remained in this anonymous scheme for the rest of the was beyond August 1944.
As for the coding 681382 on the vertical stabiliser,I was going to add this but as I mentioned "I couldnt do was remove the serial Number(550) and its box
from the vertical stabiliser as I dont know how to script the description.lua file to remove it.
So if anyone with the expertise could do this for Me and send me the ammended description.lua I would be very grateful."


Cheers
Keith

http://luftwaffeinprofile.se/Moritz.html

http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/galle...a8r248aa_1.htm

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F..._A8_Moritz.jpg

http://add.museum119.cz/eduard/r0004.pdf
To remove a serial number in the description.lua, you type “empty” between the second pair of quotes.
For example:
{"Fw190_serial_L1", 0 ,"Fw190_Fuselage_D_Hans_Dortenmann",false};
turns into:
{"Fw190_serial_L1", 0 ,"empty",false};

This will allow you to hard paint your own serial numbers into the diffuse.
__________________
Magic Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:44 PM   #24
Warlord64
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
To remove a serial number in the description.lua, you type “empty” between the second pair of quotes.
For example:
{"Fw190_serial_L1", 0 ,"Fw190_Fuselage_D_Hans_Dortenmann",false};
turns into:
{"Fw190_serial_L1", 0 ,"empty",false};

This will allow you to hard paint your own serial numbers into the diffuse.
Thanks Buddy
I will try it out and let you know how I get on
Warlord64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:23 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.